Sign in to follow this  
Guest FS_freak

THE ABSOLUTE GIFT FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!

Guest GabrielR

Hello guys, I was shocked when I saw this browsing in the office. I decided to share.Check this home cockpit that will be available soon:http://solarisairlines.com/productsh.htmThis is from a Colombian company that is very famous for producing quality add ons for the FS. I know is not in English but I

Gabriel, THANKS.. Do you, by any chance own or know someone who owns the Latin American Airports product? how good is it? reviews?

Guest GabrielR

Yes I have the latin American Airports, they work quite well on my low end machine (1.3 GHtz- 512RAM) even though I can recognize a little loss of FPS up to 5 in the busiest airports, the scenery for the Airports that I've been to SKBO, SKRG, SKCL, SKAR, are well rendered, but the AFCAD files need a little tweak to accomodate my custom PAI.I've heard there are some freeware sceneries for Latinoamerica that compete with them... let me ask around in other forums....

Guest Jet

Uh oh...Keep us posted on the development of that product.How does it go??..."Dear Santa, please disregard my previuos wish list...Thanks.

Hi,It looks pretty nice!!!!, I might also have to go fetch the FEDEX van before they deliver my letter to Santa!On the other hand I might want to see some reviews of the product before getting something like that, we all know that even if it's cheap it'll be expensive LOL!I'm also waiting for the stuff at The Real Cockpit to drop in price, does anyone have any of their products???, if you have no idea what I'm talking about check them out at http://www.therealcockpit.com they also look very good!Santa, this is the only thing I want this year!!! http://www.therealcockpit.com/images/trc572s.jpgBest of luck guys!

Howdy Alex,It would be cheaper to buy a used SkyHawk. :D

Guest FS_freak

Hi Gabriel,I am a Colombian living in Colombia (I understand you don't) and have been following this release for some time now, since I first saw it on "Mundo Aviacion" magazine. As you say, there is no clue as to a price for the home cockpit yet but my hopes are not as high as yours. I have witnessed how Solaris and Kirvit have monopolized our hobbie in Colombia leaving very little space for freeware development. They have released addons that stand out for their quality, no doubt about it. But they are very expensive compared to what payware costs in the states, which is even more frustating for us simmers who live on a tight budget by our country's standards (never mind US standards). I first bought from Solaris an adventure package when I wasn't aware of the excellent freeware adventures and flight plans you can find on the web. Nice "entry level" package all together but soon outdated by newer versions of FS and no news from Solaris about an upgrade or compatibility fix. Same happens with the different scenery releases that have come out from these companies, nice quality at hefty prices and no special upgrade fees. Meanwhile Solaris came up with what I can't deny is one of the most complex and complete training courses for flight simmers, although in my humble opinion much more than we really need, specially those of us who speak english and learn a lot from these forums. At roughly US $20.00 per module and 7 modules per course the bill starts to soar.Finally on the most recent sample of "Mundo Control", I read a comment which really set me on fire. They begin a review of San Jose, Costa Rica freeware scenery suggesting that it is extremely difficult to find quality freeware scenery on the web and that San Jose is the exception. I have seen many examples of astonishing freeware scenery on the web that by far surpasses anything Kirvit or Solaris have come up with yet. I see this as an attempt to perpetuate or justify their payware while discouraging any free scenery development in our country. I think it would be very interesting just to see how much freeware macros, textures and development tools Kirvit uses on it's high cost scenery releases. For now I am stuck with the default FS Colombian scenery which is very low quality. Might as well keep flying in northern lattitudes. I really don't plan on buying any more software from Solaris or Kirvit, even less now that FS2004 is due soon. I fear that the home cockpit proyect will follow the same policy and as someone else said, it will end up being cheaper to buy a used real life cockpit. Let's wait and see. Meanwhile these guys have to reconsider their comercial approach to flightsimming.Sorry for extending myself but I was just waiting for a chance to speak out.Mauricio

Guest jaapverduijn

The Realcockpit, eh? Looking bloody gorgeous, granted... but they were 70 percent off in their price calculations: they raised their initially announced price with 70 percent, which is a bit TOO much to my taste. It simply isn't decent. If the way they calculate and calibrate their instruments and other hardware is as lousy as they calculate their prices, it seems better to give them a wide berth. I'm really sorry to say this, for I would like to be proud of having such a company in my country. But any company that manages to be 70 percent off in its calculations, ought to be viewed with great suspicion.Jaap Verduijn.

Guest GabrielR

Thanks Mauricio for the information, I hope the developers would give us some good packages for us, latinos.I'm almost sure that in Colombia such product would be on the range of the $300s to the $600s, otherwise the market would be very, very limited. I hope to have more info about this soon (to compare with the go flight modules), Mauricio, if you happen to know something, please keep us posted, it would be nice that one of our fellow simmers could take a look at it and give us some impressions.I didn't know about the "real cockpit", $35,000 isn't that too much for flight simming? Should I have that money I would make a very nice Down payment for a real airplane!!

Guest FS_freak

Sure thing Gabriel,I will keep an eye out on this cockpit and as soon as it is released I'll try to get a "test drive". I hope your price estimations are in the ball park since I wouldn't mind paying 600 bucks for this beauty if it really works. However it should use an EPIC interface and as far as I know, that will send the price way over the fence pretty quick.BTW, I just entered Solaris' site and the $20 per module, seven module training course is now up to $30 per module plus an equal payment for the inscription. That means that what used to cost $140 is now up to $240...Mauricio

Hi Donald!Yeah! it's VERY expensive, but then again I was asking Santa for a proof of life! LOL ;)With $35,000.00 I would also start looking at Trade-A-Plane or www.cessna.com but dreaming is free right?Keep well!p.s. what's your Vatsim call sign?, where do you fly the most?