Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

Download problem

Guest jonpoint

Dear Avsim folks,I have now tried for two days to download Steve Hess' Beaver upgrade in the Flight Unlimited III file library - to no avail. I just get an FTP550 error code (no such file or directory). I had no problem downloading the FU3 Archer or other files.Help(please)!BTW, thanks for being here for all of us. Yours is the ONLY sim site I know that:1. Is always on-line2. Is fair and 'non-denominational'3. Isn't full of dead links4. Provides such an 'open' site to allow us simmers to do 'our thing'in our own way! When you log into other sites, you get the impression that they're either run by a game manufacturer, Bill Gates or NACO - they're soooo stiff! Either that or they're full of idiots who want to argue over which game/plane/joystick is the best. I see posts from Avsim users on other sites too but they lack a certain personality. I know that here I can say what I want to without fear of being spammed - you folks don't tolerate that stuff - other administartors seem to encourage it. Thanks again.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Matt Johnson

Fixed! :-) Thank you for the bug report, and thanks for the kudos!Regards,--M

Guest jonpoint

Matt,No it's not! This is weird... I can download any other file but not this one. I tried again today, here's what I got:Ftp Error 550Message from the remote server follow:550 /dynamic/fd/fd9d8b3dc565164061ee1eccc1354294/beaver%20sch%202.zip: No such file or directoryI then initiated a download of the Cessna (above it in the library - I have already downloaded it) and it came up OK. I see that 161 downloads have occurred so something's working but not for me. Surely my location (Australia) shouldn't have anything to do with it as I've had no problems in the past. Can you please email a link to the file (or give me the ftp address) so I can download it?Regards,Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Matt Johnson

I can't email you a link to the file since the file library is dynamic, the only link I could give you is the one which generates the type of dynamic link which doesn't work for you.What browser are you using? Whichever it is, it is extremely broken, since it can't do *either* literal spaces or URL-encoded spaces in filenames.I checked the current code (which URL-encodes spaces) on Mozilla and Internet Explorer -- even Netscape 4 manages to grab the file.If you're using a proxy, maybe try switching it off? Proxies have been known to do dumb things with URL-encoded FTP URLs. Equally, try disabling any download accelerators / managers and just let your browser deal with the link.--M