Sign in to follow this  
scott967

how do i edit AI parking spots

was wondering how i could edit where an AI aircraft actually parked at. i have the gates already but i want to make the aircrafts go to theyre respective gates. how can i do this. i have the simflyers ewr scenery. added the .bgl file they have on theyre site for the traffic to fix the problem but its still happening. i work at terminal A and i know for a fact a Lufthansa 747 wont be parked anywhere at terminal A except out in the hard stand areas.anyway. theres other airports id like to do aswell. any help is greatly appreciated.

Ealvarez,I did this at jfk. I set up different overlays, making like 6 different jfk aiports. Do a library search for the kjfk afcad file.See how the author set up the overlays. Then use the voice pack program to have atc say "kennedy " instead of the new airport which would sound like 1 kilo julliette frnk kilo if you don't use the voice pak program. I then used the ai traffic mover program to send specific airlines to specific gates. It is lot of work, but it can be done.Matt

You need a utility called AFCAD - I think it's available right here in the library. To get specific airlines to park at specific gates will probably take a fair amount of work though. If you take a look at AFCAD & read the instuctions you will see what I mean.

There appears to be much interest at present in "radius AFCAD". At least for GMAX aircraftmodels, it is possible to modify the aircraftradius in whole meters. Then, AFCAD is used tomodify the parking accordingly, using the idea thatAI always go to the smallest open parking that isat least as large as the AC radius. Look in the AIlibrary for AFCAD files built for radius method.There is a file on project AI that gives radius byairline and aircraft type so that all designers canbe on the same page.scott s..