Sign in to follow this  
Guest nutmeat

BFR today (supposedly)

KPWA 111153Z AUTO 19016KT 10SM OVC009 06/03 A3001 RMK AO2 SLP167 T00560033 10056 20050 55002KOKC 111152Z 17010KT 10SM BKN008 OVC011 06/02 A3000 RMK AO2 CIG 007V011 SLP161 T00560024 10056 20050 55001KTIK 111155Z 18007KT 7SM BKN016 06/05 A3000 RMK WND DATA ESTMD SLP162 8/5// 9/8// 55000Flying out of KPWA!Scheduled for my BFR today at 1500Z. ARGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest KenG

Hope it clears up. Otherwise, it's a wash. Even KTIK at this point is a no-go. Doing stalls below 1500 is a no-no.If and when the BFR takes place, good luck. Hopefully it is a good, fun learning experience.I haven't had the "fortune" of having a BFR yet. I'll be getting my IR in January (hopefully) so it will be at least 2 years after that before I am required to get one.

BFR??? Bush Flying Rules?Really, i'm not sure what this term means? thanks!

Well, you can do at least the ground portion(oral) of the BFR (Biennial Flight Review, or more accurately, just "Flight Review" according to the regs now) done.When I give Flight Reviews I try to set up a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere in that the person receiving the Flight Review understands that it is not a "test", but a positive learning experience. I first talk with the person about what type of flying they do, what areas they think they are weak in, and concentrate on those...with attention paid to any regulatory changes that might have occured that they are not aware of. As for the flight portion we do the usual airwork (slow flight, steep turns, stalls, emergencies, etc...) and several landings. I'm not looking for perfection, but just want to make sure the person is safe and competent.Just my .02 worth.Regards,ScottCFII/KJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Thanks Scott,I am always glad to get a response from a CFI. A bit of crying today I know, but I was looking forward to getting this done,(aren't we always). I took my vacation now to get this done. Actually this vacation is taken now so I can get a bunch of regulatory tests finished. I'm a CCDI,( Certified Commercial Driving Instructor, I teach people how to drive 18 wheelers and get them their first CDL), as such, I must do all the tests, 7 written tests, ranging from a 50 question test down to one with only 25 and a driving test with a State Examiner every two years. Have all my written done, my drive is scheduled tommorrow, probably raining and if so the State Examiners will not test in the rain. They don't want to stand in the rain while I show them how a pretrip inspection is done. :)Oh well, a cowboys work is never done.Promise to get rid of the crying towel next week.

Hey Lando,BFR stands for Biennual Flight Review. The regulations now call it just the flight review, but being an old fogey I can't seem to get over calling it a BFR. Sounds more important that way anyhow.In order to keep flying in the real world one must do a flight review with a licensed flight instructor every two years. I am behind on mine right now so cannot legally fly until I do the flight review. You also must do a medical evaluation and physical every,(for me 2 years), but the length of time the medical is good for depends on your license and your age.Thanks for asking, gives me a chance to post and thereby keep my typing skill up a bit.

Guest nutmeat

AND, assure that your login does'nt time out! :-)