Sign in to follow this  

Active sky wxre-New user

Hi All,I got my copy today in the post-active sky wxRE & installed.I was wondering if anyone could help with the following:1) The UTC setting, as we are in GMT-london ETC, i take it the setting should be 0, not minus or plus, is this correct?2) when flying into clouds & i look left or right, the clouds are wafer thin, is this a FS2002 Problem & can it be fixed?3) i am using version 1.7, is this the most upto date ? cheersMike.

Welcome Mike,1. Yes, London should be zero.2. To improve those cloud conditions, remove any of that red text from the screen, especially the shift-z text.3. For right now 1.7 is the latest public version. Hopefully, in the next day, V1.8 will be released to the public. Watch this board for further information.If you have any other questions or problems, post them here. We have a very active group here!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi jim,with regards to my wafer thin clouds, i had no red text up on the screen at the time, & i have the cloud density set to 100%. But still wafer thin.I also have another problem if you can help with, i always seem to get - BAD ALOFT DATA/TIMEOUT - when updating winds aloft.Many thanks Mike Allen.

Mike,From my own experience and other's, the winds aloft server was very un-reliable today. It is a public server and sometimes causes all of us headaches! At the time of this post it was up again.From your 100% cloud density I'm going to say that you are using the default cloud textures. Now I'm not sure what it could be. Is it possible for you to post a small screen shot? Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

> 2. To improve those cloud conditions, remove > any of that red text from the screen, especially > the shift-z text.Really? It would surprise me that the presence of the red text makes the clouds look like that.I think what is going on is that usually, the graphics engine in FS2002 is not bothering to draw the cloud in 3d, only 2d. After all, why waste processor cycles fully drawing the clouds when they are not being looked at. So if you look left or right all of a sudden, you see the edge of a 2d cloud. If you keep looking, after a few secods (perhaps a minute) or so the cloud will become 3d. I've seen this happen. FS2002 will, at this point, have caught up to your desired view.Cheers,Peter

Thanks Jim. Interesting... it seems to be a bug in FS2002. I think however if you look left or right long enough, the clouds will fix themselves. I'll try it next time at reach cruise altitude and have little to do :-)Cheers,Peter

Guest Muppet22

Hi thereI think London should be +1, as we in the UK are currently an hour ahead of Z time.

Hi All,thanks for the help guys, i have reset time to +1 & yes the clouds do apeear in 3d when atc box is not in display/ no text & given a second or two they redraw into 3d anyway, all works fine.Cheers.Mike Allen

Glad you got it working. Please post again if need be.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support