Sign in to follow this  

Server problems????

I've been trying to download weather files for the past four hours - anyone else experiencing problems or is it me!!!!!Thanks

Yes me! Yesterday I was as well not able to use ActiveSky at all. I hope to be able to use it again today.

Guest Muppet22

Still not working as of 1600UTC/Z :-(

I had winds last evening and again just now: 16:30UTCHope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

I am just getting permanent "No usable winds details (3882)..." and eventually the error comunicating with server.Been trying for the last two days, it is strange Jim seems to get in OK...RegardsBarry

Guest Muppet22

I am currently now receiving winds as of 1850Z :-) Long may it continue!

Well everyone (sigh) I too have been getting hit and miss results with the server. Sometimes I get through and I post my findings as such. Other times,(like right now) I get the same error messages as everyone else. I say this so people don't think I have a magic way of getting the winds to work, I don't. Sometimes my cable connection works better. All weekend I've been supporting users with the same problem: the winds server. I'll send Damian a personal e-mail for further information to make sure it is not a software issue. I know for a fact the he is VERY frustrated with those servers.PS: Been trying for 10 minutes and still cannot get winds to download.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

I am now getting "No usable winds (3354)" but still no joy in online mode :-(RegardsBarry

Just wondering if ActiveSky could "co-op" with the FSMeteo servers.They appear reliable all of the time.gwillmotP.S. - Tongue in Cheek

Well here I am three days later, still never got a single online download to work with RC6.Is there a bug or is it server problems?Damian seems to be keeping a low profile on this subject?RegardsBarry

At the time of this writing the wind servers were working. Over the weekend a ping of the wind servers showed a very poor performance.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Barry,I am working on this, there is a complex bug somewhere introduced in the fix for the elevation problem. Can you confirm that earlier RC versions work OK (or v 1.7)? Thanks!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damian,If I remember rightly it worked up until RC4 of V1.8, although I have upgraded systems since then and jumped RC5, to RC6.No one else seems to have reported this particular error, which is strange, I just assumed the server problems were the cause and everyone was getting the same as me?No idea if it is relevant, but I am flying in the UK, and therefore close to 0 deg, sometimes this is a good source of bugs in geographically related programs?One other thing to note is because of the system upgrade I effectively installed the V1.15 full install, upgraded straight to V1.8 RC6, whilst before I have been upgrading a release at a time, i.e. V1.15, V1.7 RC1, RC2 etc, then V1.8 RC1, RC2 etc up to RC4. Again, no idea if there maybe be a missing file, config etc if you do not upgrade via the other versions?Anyway, feel free to ask questions to help solve the problem, I am more than happy to help :-)RegardsBarry

Yesterday I had the same problem. (couldn't get the winds to download) I tried to reinstall base package with 1.8 rc6 on top. No luck. Uninstalled and started fresh with base pac again and this time with 1.8 rc2 or was it rc4?? (Hmm anyway the exe version says 1.80.0.3) Vooila!! Winds download like a dream.

Guest Muppet22

I agree. Winds worked before RC4 inclusive. If anyone has a copy of RC4 they could send I'd be oh so greatful. I want my winds back!welshy001@yahoo.com:-)