Sign in to follow this  

Maybe someone could be so kind to answer my following questions before I buy the program:1) Is Active Sky compatible with FS Sky World or do they interfere somehow?2) Does the automatic METAR/TAF etc. data download work for all areas of the world or is this restricted to the U.S.?Andreas

Hello Andreas,1) Yes it is compatible with the cloud sets, but not with the automatic randomizer or VSKY features. These must be disabled when using FSSW. The suggested method is to try different cloud sets and then stick with the one you like best.2) Yes it is world-wide. Coverage may be limited in some areas. You can check via manual NOAA data access http://www.aviationweather.gov (Standard Brief, METAR or TAF) to see if your area is well covered (most are). Hope that helps!-Damian[Table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Damian, Automatic randomizer will works if you edit in the cloud.ini and set RefreshCloud to off and will not interfere active sky, clouds will change during your flight when the weather is updated after a while but not at the same time when you heard the sound from the randomizer clock . You will see new clouds set time to time..The randomizer feature don't have the ability to insert the clouds set in the correct condition of the weather..[AutoRefresh] RefreshCloud=on <------------------- off WaitTimeAfterClear=20 IncTime=15 DecTime=15 ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hey Chris: quick question: If I understand correctly, FS SkyWorld copies new cloud textures into the textures directory of FS2002. I would guess then that once I find a set of clouds that I like, I do not have to run FS SkyWorld again. Do you agree?Regards,Peter

Hi, Yes...If you don't Activate Auto Install feature, but only install pre selected clouds set that's you prefer before the sim is running:-Double click on the desktop FSW Icons -Select your Cumulus Set, press Install buttons -Select your Cb/Storm Set, press Install buttons Select your High/Mid level Set, press Install buttons -Close fs sky world -Start fs2002 by your original fs2002 iconsThe latest clouds set installed will remain installed in fs2002texture for the next session of flight sim. If you don't use real weather download-go to the Weather/Advanced/ Clouds area -Add cumulus/stratus layer (adjust the clouds altitude to what you want) -Hit

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

What are you working on, Chris?I really don't see how much more you can improve on your excellent product before COF/FS2004 is released. I have been really pleased.Glenn D. Willmot

Hi, "What are you working on, Chris?"The files will be in one folder c:fs sky world, instant to have all files in fs2002 directory, 2 *.dll will not needed anymore, clean installer with uninstall and shortcuts and improved docs, and some new clouds cumulus, cirrus and storm, with improved docs, including a new help links in the interface. The utility have been prepared for fs2004, better structure and less confusion..But it will be the last update for fs2002, I am really looking for fs2004, I don't have fun anymore to do clouds for fs2002, they look outaded, specialy when you do clouds thats have line in the horizon and some clouds appears streched from the engine and don't have the dynamic blue sky backgroud for the clouds. When I saw the fs2004 capability, it will be much more fun, realistic from rendering, capability to do, and way less restriction, and it will be full compatible with active sky 2.0ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Many thanks for your contributions to FS2002.I'll really be looking forward to the promises of FS2004 and your contributionsGlenn D. Willmot

> The latest clouds set installed will > remain installed in fs2002texture for > the next session of flight sim. Great, that was what I was curious about. Thanks for the answer and for a great add-on to FS2002.Regards,Peterin Kingston, Ontario, Canada