Sign in to follow this  

Reality XP 737 ADI

Can anyone get this to work. My system freezes completely as soon as I try to load a 737 from the Create A Flight screen with this installed. I contacted Reality about this when the same happened with the locked version but had no solution. John

I was under the assumption that you had to have the Reality XP package for this gage to work. I am a registered owner and the 737 gage works great for me. When it was first released I got an email from Reality about it.David

Guest BrianC

I think the point of the new version uploaded to AVSIM is to remove the requirement that you own the Flightline stack, so that anybody can check out their new technology.Of course, there is the RealityXP agenda that they hope you will then be so impressed that you'll run out and buy the Flight1 Meridian. :)

>I think the point of the new version uploaded to AVSIM is to >remove the requirement that you own the Flightline stack, so >that anybody can check out their new technology. >>Of course, there is the RealityXP agenda that they hope you >will then be so impressed that you'll run out and buy the >Flight1 Meridian. :)Yes, this demo works great for me - and I am not the former Reality customer. As to the agenda - you are probably right but I have no problem about it. In my personal opinion the technology is simply ground braking - they have very good reasons to be mighty proud - this fixes one of the biggest issues with this 'game' versus the professional sim package a'la Elite. After seeing this demo with its super fluid ADI - I simply can't bring myself to fly anything else - I must admit I am just counting down days to the Meridian. Michael J.[link:jdtllc.com]http://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

I can't wait to try it. I for one would pay money for smooth gauges.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

>I can't wait to try it. I for one would pay money for >smooth gauges. Craig, You are like me. Smooth gauges are everything for me.BTW, the file downloads and installs in less than a minute. You can even drag the new ADI window and compare the new with the old one sid-by-side. I spent last night close to 1/2 hours analyzing, flying, landing, making turns, glide slope intercept, localizer, etc - I came away speechless. Now if you combine this smoothness with the razor sharp graphics that Meridian will bring ..... we got ourselves a $100,000+ sim in our bedroom.Michael J.

Hello Michael,Talking about ELITE the smoothness is far much better in RXP gauges, really nothing to compare. I too can't fly anything else since this gauge appeared. And the sensation is unbelievable with the Elite hardware. Meridian + this great stuff, I think I'm gonna get mad waiting for Flight One to release their gem:-ukliam Henri

Henri,Obviously you won't see me fly the default 737 no matter how smooth the ADI is ... :-lolMichael J.

Did you think I was kidding? (-: Thats just a tiny taste of what to expect...Best Regards,Jim Rhoads

Hi all,This is my first post to these forums although I do try to read themevery day. I had to post here because I am fed up with the posts by"Michal" and "HenriF". Obviously I have no idea if they work for Reality or Flight1 or whatever, but I am sick of these two pretending to be regular simmers with an objective viewpoint. These two have many posts in these and other forums. It seems just about every post they make is a "teaser" or some over the top complimentary remark for Reality. That in itself is fine, I think Reality make very good software and credit where credit is due. However, I object strongly to these two using these and other forums as a secret marketing tool. Quite strange too that one or the other will ask a leading question on another forum, the other will reply and then the thread or forum post is locked so no comments by others can be made.I apologise for the rant, but I think this kind of practice goes against the honest principles we have in the community. Of course I could be wrong, but this is my opinion and you won't be able to change my mind.So "Michal" and "HenriF", how about being up front and open witheveryone and stop playing games with us. I am more than happy to post as many links as you want to show you what I mean.Personally, I don't like to be treated like an idiot.Now, where is that Meridian, it does look pretty cool.

Mikeva,Your taking this a little hard, aren't you? Your also making it a little personal to point out two specific people. I have seen Michael J around since I started visiting AVSIM during the FLY! days. He is an avid simmer with high expectations. He wants to see flightsim software push the envelope. He has been complimentary when products break new ground or perform a function in a way that he wants. He is also very critical when a product does not live up to its potential as he sees it. No will ever accuse Michael J of not speaking his mind. :) In no way do I think he is an employee of Reality XP. He and HenriF are just excited, as many of us are, about some upcoming avionics products. They enjoy dropping little teasers and encouraging the developers forward and creating buzz about it. I have done the same thing with products from FSGenesis. Nothing wrong with their enthusiasm. It has all been good natured and positive. So please don't make this personal and start making accusations.Tony

Guest BrianC

Perhaps you should have kept your post count to zero if you don't have something positive to contribute. I don't know who Henri is, but your suggestion that Michael has a hidden agenda is shocking and ridiculous. Michael will be at Flight1 with his dollars just like the rest of us. Perhaps you should find another site to post at if the only thing that elicits your participation here are these sorts of feelings that compel you to make groundless accusations, it's best to not participate at all.If being passionate about realism is not objective, file my name under the "biased" column.

No, I am neither Flight1 nor Reality employee, nor in any way associated with them professionally or through a 'secret' arrangement.If you want to see/learn about the Meridian go to Flight1 web site and follow the links to the forum specially dedicated to this product. I could have provided you with a direct link but I am afraid it would look like I am their 'secret' marketing guy so you just have to do your own investigative work.Michael J.

Mikeva,shhhh, I can't tell anything for the time being....You really think what you said about us ? Aren't you a little parano