Sign in to follow this  

Strange Winds Aloft

I am using V1.8 RC4 and I am getting a strange difference between the winds aloft reporting station when running offline and online.Here is the problem.I am sitting at EGKK (Gatwick Airport, UK), if I run online mode ActiveSky gives me WMO 3882 (Herstmonceux, UK) as the active WMO, but when I run offline mode (same time) ActiveSky shows WMO 10200 (Emden, DL) as active.Now Herstmonceux is showing as 23 nm from EGKK and Emden is 284 nm away (in Germany I think?)I checked the WMO file and there are reports from 3882 and 10200 in it, both for today (18th May) and covering the Zulu time (12Z)Any ideas why this might be happening?RegardsBarry

Having just read further down this forum, I have a feeling this is related to this problem:http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=2883&page=2It seems the reporting stations with leading 0's are not being recognised by ActiveSky in Offline mode as all the UK stations have leading 0's, in this case 03882.In the .wmo files downloaded this station is actually showing up as 3882 (with no leading zero), maybe this is what is causing the problem?Can you look into this Damian?RegardsBarry

Hello,Having the same problem in the Netherlands in offline mode, all the time WXrE is looking for station EDZE in Germany, while EHDB is actually the closests station for me.I adressed to Damian the problem concerning in offline mode the program couldn't see the difference between station ID and altitude (see my threath about this in this forum). That problem now has been solved, but not the problem with the closests station.Just dropped Damiam a e-mail today about the problem, just wait and see what the out come will be.Regards,Niek