Yes, I did the same thing. Went back to V1.0, directly updated to V1.8RC7 and got wx-export to update correctly.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Tried 1.8 RC7 beta. I'm getting an immediate "Error or Timeout Downloading". Went back to 1.0 and tried update again but same thing is happening.

Are you running a firewall? If so, try removing permission for wxre and then give permission for access again. This worked for me!Fred

>Are you running a firewall? If so, try removing permission>for wxre and then give permission for access again. This>worked for me!>>Fred Well Fred your post put me on the right track. I had used End It All to kill all my non-essential running programs prior to firing up FS2002 and ActiveSky WxRE. After your post I decided to try 1.8 with my firewall, Zone Alarm, left running. 1.8 RC7 worked just fine!! I remember Zone Alarm causing this kind of problem before. When you kill it it leaves some kind of reminant behind. I believe it is called True Vector. The only way to completely kill it is to prevent it from loading at startup to begin with. This must have been the issue cause everything is working now. Thanks for the clue.

Glad that helped.Damian - it may be helpful to add something about this issue to any 'readme' accompanying an update.Fred

>Damian and All,>>User Kurt190 discovered that no wxexport file is being>generated with RC7. That causes FltMax to show NO rain echos.>Please be aware. My fix was to go back to RC4.>>>Jim>ActiveSky SupportHang on....Beta RC7 of v1.8 does export the wx-export.met file to the default wx Export Path.Suggest User Kurt190 checks his "Option page > Export METARs for FSFlightMax" setting. The "box" has to be rechecked after installing the latest update.I am looking at lots of rain echoes on my FSFlightMax screen right now (N.Y. area at 261430Z).Jim, suggest you check user reports before dissiminating them in the forum... save everybody heartburn :-bang

Before I get flamed....I did not see that the thread had a page 2...so mea culpa, Jim!! Forget the last sentence, please!!! :-walksmile

It's OK. We thought we had discovered a bug, posted it as such for everyone, including Damian, and then discovered that a re-install of V1.0, and a direct update to V1.8RC7 kept FltMax working. I had to do that on my machine too! Now we see that some users experienced this and some didn't!JimActiveSky Support