Sign in to follow this  

my first completed plane in FSDS 2

Guys I have finaly learned how to do screenshots and you have to see this it is my first completed plane you might remember it as teh pinewood it takes only a few minutes but the water tower will take me a fer hours to build

I for one am very interested in what a beginner can do with FSDS 2. I'm glad to finally see a screenshot of his work. Not everyone is an artist at first blush. After the holidays, I plan on purchasing FSDS 2 myself. I suspect my first efforts will be...uh...similar. But it is the only way to learn, and there is no crime in taking a little pride in the first results.I know Greg is new, perhaps young, and a bit eager to open threads. But I've been waiting for this pic, and I thank him for posting it....-John

i finaly learned how to make a screenshot yesterday hey want to see my first jet? let me upload it

HiGood job Greg!I am in the stages of getting AIM back so we can chat again :-P good work !John- Greg is 20.. His typing skills are just not the best.-Shane

Good for you Greg!.... Now two bits of advice...1) Don't feel bothered by the comments of people who obviously have never had children, or don't know how to raise them. I don't mean this to call you a child (you could be fifteen, or you could be fifty--either age is one to be proud of), but I do feel that regardless of age, we all begin somewhere. My daughter is three, and just graduated from "scribbles" to circles. I greet anything she does as I would a Picasso. It's not the quality in the beginning--it's the joy of watching her learn. My Mother is nearing 70, and has just taken up watercoloring. I've framed her work as if it would be worthy of the Hermitage. 2) Don't open threads just for the sake of saying something. As you learn to create aircraft, watch what others do and ask questions in the threads you see--and post in the right forums. This post would have been more appropriate in the A/C design forum, and one you made there would have been better in this one. Opening threads just to say you downloaded an aircraft or performed a stunt in FS....we all do these things every day, and have learned not to open a thread for the sake of opening one alone. If you want to show off an aircraft and post a thread that contributes, take a screenshot of it and post it in the screenshots forum. Here's two examples--the recently available Cardinal RG and Gulfstream. I spent a bit of time composing this shots--trying to add things of interest. I hope you like them:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID47http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID47-John

I guess you didnt catch the last batch of postings from Greg, he went on about how he was going to make all kinds of aircraft, and have them done in a few days. Yet he didnt know how to use FSDS.Good for him, but please keep it down to a low roar. Lets see the finished product, but post them in the proper forum.And John, I have two girls, one who is on her way to the Air Force Academy, and the other is an honors student. So I would say that I have done fairly well raising my kids.

I caught the batch of posts by Greg, even responded more harshly a week or two back--hence item number two. You have the choice of reading his posts or not, as do I. As for raising kids, congrats. I have taught for many years, today a mix of adult I.T. courses, although I first worked as a private tutor for the physically and mentally challenged back in the late 70's. It was late in life that I decided to have a family of my own, but I have many years' experience with "children" of all ages. I am very proud of my daughter as well. At three she reads, can work a computer, and with the help of a program I wrote for children, can create music and pictures. She's also a fairly good "FS jockey". And I don't consider her a prodigy--just someone I praise when the little steps are taken. She does all the rest, as most any child or adult would. I applaud your support of your children--they couldn't have reached such goals without it. Try to remember when your children were starting their journey. Perhaps time has faded those moments you rewarded their first efforts at tying their shoes, or drawing a picture? The same applies in these forums. That's my opinion, and again, congrats to you and your children. Your second child--will the course be the same, in aviation?

The second one wants to be a politician...I am trying to steer her in another direction ;)You are right I dont have to read the posts, and I guess I get torn between reading and leaving them alone. But my curiosity get the better of me and end of reading them, and I will responding usually in a sour tone. I guess I should take a minute, reread it and go on.I taught part time for the past 4 yrs, and enjoyed every minute of it. I had my share of students who were a tough nut to get through, but once they saw the light at the end of the tunnel it was well worth the effort. Thanks for you insight.Scott