Sign in to follow this  
Guest Muppet22

Flightmax problems

Guest Muppet22

HiJust d/loaded Flightmax and been experimenting with it, the idea is to use it just as a wx radar for the PIC76.Problem is however, I cannot get any returns from the radar ie cannot see any weather.I have setup everything according to what I have read. Change the flightmax.ini file, selected the correct wxRE options but still nothing.Any thoughts/ideas?Thanks

Guest Muppet22

I should add that I do not know which piece of software is causing the problem hence my post in both forums.I have read the tips section of the flightmax forum still to no avail.Also, I am using a US copy of FS2002.Here is a pic of the radar, FS was open when the shot was taken and was at Buenos Aires airport SAEZ where the METAR was:SAEZ 212030Z 00000KT 0900 R11/1500 RMID/1500 +DZ FG SCT011 OVC019Which I hope should be enough to see some wx returns.ThanksEDIT : DOH - forgot to add the screenshot

Tom,The DZ stands for drizzle and may or may not show up. I have FlightMax and it works for me so I will be able to help. Your best bet for now is go to an airport with a t'storm or heavy rain for your testing. For a resource for finding nasty worldwide weather go to:http://awfulweather.com/Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest Muppet22

Hi JimJust entered a custom metar for somewhere random (Vietnam somewhere I think) which looked like this:VVTS 132030Z 21001MPS 5000 +RA BR ovc010cb BKN040 24/24 Q1008Still nothing showing on the radar!Why can't things just work!! GRRR!

Tom,We'll get through this! I've worked with other users and got them going. First, make sure your FltMax is V1.4. Next, just post your ActiveSky.ini file and your FltMax.ini file. I'll take a look and let you know what to change.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest Muppet22

Hi JimThank u kindly for your help. Ok, I definitely have V1.4 of Flightmax and here are my INI files, the first my wxRE one and then the other.Thanks again,//wxRE configuration file - be careful with edits here[General]WXREOfflinePath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREExportPath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREOperationMode = OnlineDefaultOfflineFile = expcycle20Z.wxdDisableMessages = TrueLowBandwidthWinds = FalseExportMetars = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = FalseMETARUpdateInterval = 15FDUpdateInterval = 45UpdateMETAROnNewStation = TrueUpdateFDOnNewStation = TrueWindsAloftSimulation = TrueIdlePriority = FalseVATSIMMetars = FalseDefaultForceRange = 60ZuluConversion = 1RainVisReduction = TrueOvercastHorizonVis = TrueDisableForceWindUpdates = FalseTAFProcessing = FalseWakeTurb = FalseDisableUpdatesWhenForced = FalseStartPaused = FalseCloudTransitionInterval = 30MinimumCloudThickness = 100UseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = TrueProxyAddress = NONEProxyPort = 80----------------------[sizePosition]X=1033Y=896W=456[Orientation]Map=2Lightning=1Radar=1Traffic=2Charts=3[Ranges]Map=5Lightning=8Radar=8Traffic=6Charts=6[Charts]RangeRing=1KnobFunction=1ChartTracking=1DelayedTopDownUpdateRate=0Filter=0[Map]MapLevel=1KnobLevel=1WxLevel=3DeclutterLevel=3DrawCompass=1RadarActive=0TrafficActive=0LightningActive=1LightningMasterOn=1DrawRunways=1[Traffic]Extent=2[Radar]TiltValue=-2.25ModeIndex=1Stabilizer=0Azimuths=1BeamAltitudes=1BigBeamWidth=0EchoWarnings=0[Lightning]LightningRangeIndex=7LightningStrikeFlash=0LightningCellMode=1[DataBlocks]Block1Visible=0Block2Visible=01=122=123=124=125=126=127=128=12[AirportFilter]Towered=1NonTowered=1Hard=1Soft=1Water=1MinRunwayLength=0MinRunwayLengthIdx=0[LightningEffects]LargestNumberStrikes=8LargestDelay=12MinStrikeSize=100MaxStrikeSize=500StrikeFlashSize=500StormscopeRange=100[LocalWeatherEffects]CoverageMultiplier=1LocalStationRadiusNM=35[FSMeteo]FSMeteoActive=0[ActiveSky]ActiveSkyActive=1ActiveSkyDirectory=C:Program FilesActive Sky wxREI've also got the reg and my name of the top of the flightmax.ini - wasn't sure whether I should include it on this forum :-)

Tom,Try 2 things, both in Wxre.ini1. In your ExportPath: remove the last 2. Change ExportMetars=False to TrueI'll bet you that this will do it, especially #2.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest Muppet22

Thanks v much Jim - will give it a go ASAP, hope I won't be taking your money off you .

Guest Muppet22

Hi JimStill no luck. Currently got FS running at Accra DGAA where I put in a custom METAR which looks like this:DGAA 232300Z 23008KT 9999 +RA BKN010CB 29/25 Q1012Flightmax been running for about 10 mins with nothing showing up.I'm puzzled !

Tom,After you start up FltMax have you been going to the Radar Menu and turning it on? Have you done a re-fresh of the weather from AS? Are you seeing rain in FS? Everything looks set up correctly.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest Muppet22

Hi Jim'Yes' to all three! I don't mind really, it's not really worth worrying about that much :-roll :-)

Guest pagotan

OK, I will try to help you too. Let's try this: I attach my FlightMax ini file which is working fine. I suggest you make a copy of your ini file first then copy and paste my ini file and try it. Before you must make some changes:insert your registration datas in lieu of mine then modify the path of your folder receiving the wx files. I think in your case it should be: ActiveSkyDirectory=C:Program FilesActive Sky wxRE.If you got a folder for your charts then modify it too.Let us know if it works. Should you still have no radar echo on a rainy airport then there is a problem with your ActiveSky setup. We will deal with that if needed.Michaelhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/11725.txt

Guest Muppet22

MichaelThanks for your offer of assistance.Ok, well I tried pasting in your settings to the ini file, with no luck. Yes I did change the directories in the .ini file :-)Here is a screenshot of my wxRE, maybe this could help identify the problem?Cheers

Tom,I still think that in your wxRE export path window, the very right backslash should be removed. My path has no backslash at the end. Don't know if this will do it or not. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest Muppet22

Hi JimJust tried it all without the slash, with no success.Also, with the changes in the ini file flightmax has now turned black, so I have to guess where the buttons are !!!!!Edit : it wasn't night either so no need for the alternative bmp.See screenshot