Sign in to follow this  

FSMeteo or Activesky wxRE

Could anyone provide me with the pro's and con's of both FSMeteo & Activesky wxRE.Nick

Search the AVSIM FS2K2 forum for debates on this and seperate opinions.One issue I will respond to that for me was important that unless there is a misunderstanding on my part, FS Meteo requires dedicated weather data servers it controls and ActiveSky WXRe 1.8 uses NOAA, VATSIM, and possibly other if needed open servers. I have 1.8 and like it very much.I am anticipating version 2.0 which postings here indicate a weather radar gauge (module?) will be provided. (And I sincerely hope, Damian, that if a module it will be SIZABLE and POSITIONABLE parameters retained for each panel.)

2 PointsFirstly I don't think this is the appropriate forum for this question. It should be in the FS2K2 forum.This forum is the Activesky forum.Secondly, FSMeteo in fact does support other servers, particularly VATSIM.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

I stand corrected but received contrary info on FSMeteo on the FS2K2 forum when I queried the server issue and it seemed I also read this in a magazine article. I still see occasional threads titles regarding FS Meteo servers being down.Just to insure we are talking about the same product, there is also the freeware FSMetar which uses NOAA and VATSIM.As you state, the proper place to search and comment is on the FS2K2 General Forum here at AVSIM or other places.

Did Some searching and found the answers that I was looking for. It looks like Activesky wxRE is definitely the way to go.Regards,Nick Anzelino

I also recommend you get the freeware FSW clouds and especially read the documents regarding FSUIPC settings. The application of both will definitely enhance your flying experience . . .Stay out of thunderstorms especially during take-offs and approaches even in heavies. Those vertical air currents can be suddenly wicked.