Sign in to follow this  

Question about smooth transitions

Hi there,Just signed in on the forum to post a question:"New weather display technology finally brings smooth cloud transitions to FS! Some breakthroughs have been made in the cloud display and transition department, resulting in pleasingly smooth transitions and consistent representation in most conditions! Cloud layers will slowly form and dissipate realistically over time. Never again will you see the entire sky suddenly go clear and cloudy again without warning!"The above is what I read on your website. I use the program (version 1.7) for a while now, but although I have the settings for the program and FSUIPC as described in the manual I still get very sudden weather changes upon reaching another station. This is quite different from what I'm reading above. :-hmmmAm I doing something wrong, or am I misunderstanding the above text.Hope you guys can help.Cheers,Rimshot:-wave

Rimshot,Welcome!In FSUIPC under Visibility do you have Smooth visibility changes checked and a value in the box? In ActiveSky try to increase your Cloud Transition Interval.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi,Transitions should happen 'step-by-step' instead of the new settings taking over immediately (i.e. CLEAR goes to OVC via 3/8, 4/8, 5/8, 8/8 steps) is this not happening correctly? Sometimes also visibility smoothing and FS2002's vis rendering can be 'sudden' when crossing the 3.5mi vis threshold.. is this what it is? Give me more information and we can confirm what the problem is. Some things are not fixable with FS2002 like the vis 3.5 issue but the transitions SHOULD be much better than default.-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanx for the reply. The problem is that clouds suddenly appear. I was doing a cross country from KAEG to KAMA. Weather was nice. Few winds, clear skies. Upon reaching a new station the sky was suddenly filled with clouds. They didn't built like you describe, i.e. from low to high density.My cloud transition interval is currently set to 40. In FSUICP I have the smooth visibility changes set to 10.Anyway, I still enjoy using the program. Much better than Microsofts real world weather.Are you guys going to do upgrades for FS 2004?Cheers,Rimshot