Sign in to follow this  

To anyone using Paul Mainville's KDTW

Jay,I live on Erindale just behind Devonshire Mall. Drop me an e-mail sometime and we'll hook up.Cheers,Glenngcampbell6@cogeco.ca

I would like these textures also please:Thank Youcputt1@tampabay.rr.com

Glenn thanks from bringing this thread to my attention. I placed a copy of the corrected textures up at my website. You will find them under the Detroit projects page at the bottom.http://www.vnwa.com/noramair/index.htmlThanks for your support!Paul J. Mainville

Thank you, Paul.Living in Windsor I've always felt Detroit has gotten a bum rap in the flight sims. You've done it justice and then some.Cheers,Glenn

I've gotten great feedback on this one so probably will try to improve it some more in the near future.The Ottawa project though is on the front burner right now and its coming along great.Paul J. Mainville

Jay,Nice shots. How did you find a clear day there? Lol!Everytime I go through there they are using 03's and 04's or else its overcast.Paul J. Mainville

Hi Jay,Great shots and thanks for posting them.The plane is a Cessna 172 RG Cutlass though, not a 177. The 177 is a Cardinal and has no struts. :-)Regards,Joe :-waveHere are Picture Galleries of My Trip out west in 2002.Gallery #1 Pima Air & Space Museum + AMARC (Boneyard) at Davis Monthan AFB, Tucson, Arizona. (over 240 Pictures)http://www.pbase.com/sonar5/pimaamarc

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Hi Paul,I have many fond memories of plane spotting at DTW. I have a friend from Troy that likes to go with me, and we usually camp out on the roof of the old parking garage (near the smith/davies terminals). Great view of the planes, especially on 21R/22L. The other runways are ok, but you are pretty far away from them as you will see in one of the pics below. If they are landing on the 3s and 4s we just park on the roof of the new garage. Better view of the UPS ramp there too :-) (What has brown done for you today?)Anyhow, when Detroit won the Stanley Cup, I played hookie and went to the victory parade...apparently 1.3 million people played hookie too :-)Right after it ended, rather than fighting the traffic in the tunnel to get home, I decided to take my camera and do some planespotting. As soon as I got to DTW, a nasty thunderstorm hit, and it took almost 30 mins. to clear. Detroit was in a lockdown, nobody took off, and nobody landed. (Glad I wasn't approach that day!) Anyhow, once it stopped raining, it was cool to see the planes take off on 21R, then immediately do a 180 degree turn north to avoid the weather.Here are 3 pics I took that day. The 767 landed almost immediately after it stopped, the A340 not long after, and the 747 about an hour later. (Note how far it is from the parking garage to 22R in that pic). Also, I uploaded a pic of a NWA 747 from the new terminal taken at the open-house before it opened. The dots really distract from what was a breathtaking sight.Enjoy!Jay :-waveEDIT: It's 1:30 am...I forgot the pics! Need...Sleep...zzzzz