Sign in to follow this  

A little help please......

I've been using Active Sky for a while and I like it loads. I mainly use it off line and set up to dump all of the "weather" files into an offline files directory so that I can use the files with FSFlightmax.Now for the weird bit. In the past six files have been generated:-cycle Xz (where X equals an hour of the day), metar Xz, taf Xz, winds Xz, exp-currmetar (generated by Active Aky when it kicks off), and wx-export. The system no longer downloads/generates the wx-metar file, which causes grief with the FSFlightmax (no radar weatherimages). Is this a known problem? How do I fix it? Thanks

Kurt,You win a prize from me! (Don't know what it is though). That is why another new user of FlightMax can't get his to work. My fix right now is to go back to RC4. I did just now and radar showed rain. I'll let Damian know and give you the credit.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

But it was working........ I had v1.7 working fine up until the 18th, since then no wx-metars. Did anything change on the servers around that date? nothing changed on my system (as far as I know in XP Pro) I have deinstalled v1.7, reinstalled 1.7 ugraded to the beta v1.8....... Still no show.....Where can I get v1.4 and will it work? does it connect to a diffeent server/service that will providethe wx-metar file?ThanksKurt

Kurt,I know its hard to keep track, but you've got your numbers twisted!! V1.7 did work and still should as long as Export METARS for FlightMax is checked. We released V1.8 and users had different types of problems. So now came all the release candidates (betas) marked RC1 through RC7. At RC7 (this past Thursday, users couldn't get FltMax working) you discovered that no wx-export.met was being produced. That is why FltMax isn't showing rain when it should. My solution was to go back to RC4, which is the RC version that has generally worked the best so far. So a good combination is V1.8RC4. If you or anyone else would like this version, please drop me an e-mail.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest WorkingStiff

Jim,Please check your e-mail. Thanks.