Sign in to follow this  

Active Sky Questions

Regarding Just Flight Active Sky boxed version which I am using:-1) Once I have downloaded the latest weather from the internet and saved it in the appropriate file and then terminated my internet connection, then uploaded the saved downloaded files from the web into my FS2002, can I then close the Active Sky Wxre window, rather than minimise it, and still get the benefits of active weather like TAF processing for example? I prefer just having One Window at a time opened.2) Say for example that I used Active Sky for 5 days, therefore I downloaded Weather for each of those 5 days each and saved them to the appropriate files. Say after a week I decide to use active Sky again, the files that I downloaded in the past will still be there, basically can I delete those files and then start again etc etc???But when I do a normal delete it doesn't run. Also any ideas on how to stop stuttering sounds in the clouds, I had this problem before Active SkyThanks.

VOR,Thanks for the questions.1. No, sorry ActiveSky must be running to gain any benefits from it. But, on the other hand I guess you could start FS and ActiveSky, get a set of weather files into FS and then close ActiveSky. You would get none of the dynamic processing or updates as you moved from one weather area to the next.2. ActiveSky downloads files according to times not dates. This the way weather files are set up and named, in 24 hour cycles. For example, if you downloaded a set for files today at 10:30PM and did the exact same thing on Tuesday, your Monday files would be overwritten. A way around this is to download a set of files and re-name them. Then you can point to them and use them in Offline Mode. I know at first this sounds confusing, but that's the way it's done.Edit: To possibly clear up stuttering, turn down your cloud percentage and/or mesh percentage.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support