Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

R.C. v3:to buy or not to buy?

It's not slow at all on my machine. The only thing I miss is AI control.

See we can have an intelligent conversation on this here forum.Thnks guys. Now i know.

Thanks Jase,I just learned more about the program than I did on their site. Nice review. I might pick up a copy.

Seba,As the others have said, it's your option to buy. I suggest you go to RC's web site at http://www.jdtllc.com and throughly read the site, as well as download the manual. While it is important for you to read other user's opinions, you are always free to ask any questions you may have at the RC Forum here on Avsim. This will clear up any concerns you may have directly from developers and beta testers. After all, it is -your- decition to buy.The RC crew have been very busy lately resolving the unexpected issue of the speech playing very slow. At a fellow beta tester's (Scott Campbell) site (http://www.fsflightdeck.com/rcv3), contains a downloadable wav of what RC sounds like on his computer. With some additional fixes the RC team has come up with, the speech can be prioritized and made even quicker.As I said earlier, you are free to take as long as you like in deciding to buy or not. After you post, and allow us to answer your questions, you can decide if RC is for you.Subs

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/RCbeta.jpg

ok, thank you gents,I think I'm gonna buy it :)and why not VATSIM? well,online-ATC might be a bit more realistic in procedurs (though RC also does a very good job on this), I still can't imagine my FS without AI traffic.with RC, I can have both :)regards,Seba

Guest Stamatis

"I still can't imagine my FS without AI traffic.with RC, I can have both" A correction: You can have AI Traffic while flying in VATSIM too. All you have to do is not enter a Multiplayer session.Warning: In both "enviroments" (VATSIM online flying and RCv3), the controllers will not be able to direct the AI traffic.Stamatis

>"I still can't imagine my FS without AI traffic.with RC, >I can have both" >>A correction: You can have AI Traffic while flying in >VATSIM too. All you have to do is not enter a >Multiplayer session. That will be the fast track to a "Hello" From a SUP. I'm imagining "Sorry, can't taxi I have 5 AI planes in front of me"Seriously, personally after reading the Forum the problem for me is (as far I understood) No European and Oceanic ATC procedures. Jos

Guest Lenny Zaman

"7. RC allows you to hand off functionality to a virtual co-pilot which is a fun twist. Won't find that on VATSIM."i'd just ask my Girlfriend to sit next to me... and she even provides 'inflight entertainment'... :s bet RC can't simulate that :(Looks to be a neat product actually. if only i'd have enough money..;(flying is expensive :()1 big question i'm gonna ask here: do you have actual other traffic with it, like does it give traffic advisories, you can look and actually see the designated aircraft like the standard FS2K2 ATC does? would be neat to have that combined with the good RC procedural expansion.Cheerio

Shooter,I'm a VATSIM junkie also and while I agree there is nothing better than sharing airspace with RL fellow pilots and controllers, there is one thing that RC can gurantee that VATSIM cannot ...24/7 coverage ;)

yes we do traffic advisories when other ai aircraft are too close vertically or horizontally.

Guest Stamatis

I fuly agree with you Dean.It is not a question of "VATSIM or RCv3?" because the answer is "Both!"Stamatis

Guest jase439

Exactly. While RC and VATSIM do provide ATC services, their features are more orthogonal to one another than parallel. They are two different products which provide a very different ATC environment. Use both and pick which ever one suits your fancy on a given day.J

Guest Stamatis

"That will be the fast track to a "Hello" From a SUP. I'm imagining "Sorry, can't taxi I have 5 AI planes in front of me""Not at all.I obviously enable AI traffic when there are no GND and APP controlers for the airport I am flying from/to. If controllers appear online as I approach my destination, I disconnect from SB momentarily, join a MP session and reconnect. Not as difficult as it sounds, and it allows me to have a populated enviroment under almost all circumstances."No European and Oceanic ATC procedures."What do you mean by no European ATC procedures?What "European procedures" do you find missing from RC?Stamatis

Not as difficult as it sounds, and it allows me >to have a populated enviroment under almost all >circumstances. Interesting at least, never thought about that. Did you try to launch SB as usual and them disconnect the host reconnecting later without doing nothing to SB. Maybe it's possible to change AIBridge and handle this case.>>"No European and Oceanic ATC procedures." >>What do you mean by no European ATC procedures? >What "European procedures" do you find missing from RC? As far I understood at least three:Non automated Transition Altitude for each airport. Didn't catch if it calculates the transition Level.Lack of Call signs. I live in Portugal and for the 5 companies that we have the only one listed is Air Portugal.Semi circular Flight Level rules exceptions: Portugal, Spain, France

Hi,"because they don't want to look like an idiot in front of an audience of live human beings. "I agree. Although, try not wanting to look like an idiot in front of real world controllers and other pilots! When I started real flying, this was one of the challenges that made real flying so different to sims. It makes for a real good learning curve!That said- I use RC3 and am very happy with it. I do not use VATSIM either.Bruce.