Sign in to follow this  

TURNING ON ACTIVESKY 1.8

Hello Anyone, I just purchase ACTIVESKY 1.8 and after installing it,it runs ok but I can't just turn it on from FS 2002,WHY? I have to look in the ACTIVESKY folder within FS 2002 and turn it on from there,there is no Desttop shortcut or anything in FS 2002.Also you can't shut it off after it's been turned on,any suggestions? Another thing is I haven't seen a drop of rain and I know I have flown in places where there has been rain,dry as a bone! So why don't I see rain? I hope you can help or else I will have to go back to WEATHERCENTRAL 2.0,had plenty of rain before. Thanks,

James,AS runs outside of FS so that is why you cannot turn it on from within FS. You can create a shortcut on your desktop by draging the wxRE.exe icon out of your FS folder, to your desktop. A complete download of weather must be done before you can exit AS. From reading the other thread that you posted in, you now know that for rain to show up in FS, rain MUST be part of the METAR that you are using, the clouds have nothing to do with the rain. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hello Jim-Thanks for the advice on draging,I tried that and now it's on my Desttop.As for the rain thats works too,I took a flight at St.Petersburg,Florida and guess what,it was pouring down with rain.So I'm wet and happy,thanks for the information,it's a great weather add-on! Take Care, James Spivey

Excellent, glad you got it all working as you wanted! Please post other concerns as they come up.JimActiveSky Support

Hello,You can start AS using the Run Option exe available on the FSUIPC site of Peter Dowson .http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlseach FSUIPCRun OptionsIt worksEmileEBBR

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64