Sign in to follow this  

Advice needed please

great program has really increased my enjoyment of flight sim, one question though i have recently been flying from EGCC manchester uk, online, my metar will say foe example 240 at 35kts wich is always spot on with uk met office metar.yet pressing ctrl and z whilst in flight sim to get frame rates and heading etc the wind direction and velocity will be completly different, does activesky overwrite what fs shows, i hope i have made this understandable..mark

Mark,I see you posted the same question here too!! Below is the answer I gave you over at FlightSim on June 10th:"Mark, what winds are not matching from AS to FS? If ground winds are not matching, then check your FSUIPC setting and make sure Auto Taxi Wind is off (the button in FSUIPC should read turn it on). If aloft winds are not matching please make sure you are reading the aloft winds box correctly."I hope you give this a try and can give us more information.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

hi yes its the ground winds, did as you suggested checked fsuipc, and its set up as you stated.still saying one thing in fs and another on my active sky matar..mark

Mark,OK, when I get home from work I'll look into this. Keep watching here.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

OK Mark I'm home from work. If you are still having problems can you list your FSUIPC settings under the Winds Tab? I think you have something checked off or set that shouldn't be. It would also be helpful to post a picture of the main AS screen and a FS screen with the winds data showing.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

hi to be honest i dont know how to post screenshots but i have checked my settings under wind in fsuipc and the are exactly as the instruction manual says.mark

Mark,OK, we will work around that! Do you have any other programs running besides AS and FS?What I need is a cut and paste of the METAR and then the numbers on the screen in FS.We'll get this worked out! Keep sending me good information.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

I appreciate your time on this.do not have any other programs running medium system so try and give all resources to fs..just fired up a flight at egcc manchester active sky metar reads 220/05 fs is reading 220/03 sometimes its way different to this..mark

Mark,I also just tried. EGCC METAR had winds 150/03 and that is what showed up in FS, 150/03. Keep us informed and if you get a large difference, write down and post here the METAR and what was shown in FS.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

hi just tried one more time, active sky 220/06 fs 220/03..mark

Mark,I think I just figured out your situation. First of all your last readings are real close, so I hope you think so also. They don't match exactly because of something called TAF processing. TAF is a short "future forcast" of the weather. AS and FS use the TAF forcast when the time is closer to the TAF then the METAR. The TAF METAR shows up in the window right under the actual METAR. Also, there is some slight variation processing built into AS. Even in real world flying the actual weather conditions do not EXACTLY match the reported conditions. Weather is a dynamic process and AS attempts to model this. So if the reported conditions and FS conditions are real close, then nothing is wrong. If you get a huge difference in the future, then its time to look further into this, but for now I think that's it.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support