Sign in to follow this  

1.8 Installed - FSUIPC Config Confusion

Hi all,Following a total XP rebuild I have installed FSUIPC 2.975, wxRE 1.7 and the 1.8 update.Few problems, wxRE insists on showing me the 'welcome notes' everytime I start, is this normal?I copied the FSUIPC.ini file provided with v1.7 into the FS Modules directory (note the readme file refers to v1.6 with regard to the FSUIPC ini file). First problem is the configuration information provided in the wxRE documentation (PDF file) is not the same as that set by the provided FSUIPC.ini file, which is correct for v1.8?Finally, I live in Melbourne Australia, do I get accurate TAF information? I ask because I have seen a locally developed 'patch' for 1.8 which seems to state that it allows us 'simmers downunder' to obtain correct METAR and TAF info, do I need to use this addon to obtain accurate weather data for Australia?Sorry if these are dumb questions, I have spent hours setting up the PC again and have run out of time/enthusiasm to learn all the background to each of the (many) programs I have had to re-install :-)Thanks

Hi there,It sounds like you either have not installed the 1.8 to the correct wxRE directory, or you simply have not yet saved your options (required to have the startup tips go away). Try saving first.. if it still doesn't go away, uninstall all wxRE, reinstall your 1.7 then the 1.8 update. The latest FSUIPC.INI file as provided is the correct recommended settings and supercedes anything else (may be slight diff in documentation due to new FSUIPC updates), but as always you should adjust to your preference...The ActiveSky Australia add-on will help provide more detailed weather data for Australia... You'll get more stations and more recent data than via default NOAA but you must use it in OFFLINE mode (see the AS Australia add-on docs for more info). If you do most of your flying in Australia then this will give you more realistic results.Hope that helps!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damian,Once again thanks for the help and great product assistance. Re-installation fixed the continuos display of the ReadMe file.The info on the AU add on has saved me a lot of reading :-)Dereck