Hi there,Since this morning I have been trying to download weather updatesbut get a communications problem with the aloft server?Since I've reinstalled Active Sky yesterday I need at least 1 succesfull Metar download to be able to use your program?Any pointers?Thanks Carel.

Carel,Try a Low Bandwidth Winds Download. Yes, the server could be having troubles.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi Jim,No,changed bandwidth but no luck.please explain this server problem.Its no fun flying without weather.Carel.

Carel,Sorry you are still having trouble. After your re-install are you using V1.8? I just now had a good download set of data on my first try. Sometimes the NOAA servers slow down to point where AS cannot access the data. If you continue to have problems, please post back and tell us the error messages you are getting in AS. Also tell what default airport you are at in FS at start-up and some information about your Internet connection.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Morning Jim.I reinstalled AS with the 1.8 upgrade.I tried the online download and the following message appears:Communication problem with the Aloft server-----Trying the offline Auto download it says:Error Timeout downloading------I changed my internet connction from phone to cable.I hope this helps?Thank you Carel.

OK, it may be your cable connection. Does it use a proxy server? If yes then that info must be entered in the Options screen. Call your provider if you are not sure.Another thing to try is to run AS without FS running. That will rule out your default airport as a possible problem.All of this was good information! We will get you up and running so hang in there.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

sorry Jim,I've tried to connect without FS already this morning with nobetter results.Just now I was in contact with the cablepeople and they told meI"m connected to there servers, no proxyserver.(tranperant)I hope this will give you an idea.Thank you, Carel

Carel,We need to start you over. Please send me a personal e-mail so that I can forward you V1.0. Then you can upgrade directly to V1.8. Then we can see if this works.JimActiveSky Support