Hi everyone,Version 1.85 wxRE update is available which fixes problems introduced by recent NOAA server changes. All users should update. Filename is wxre185update.zip and is available here in the AVSIM libraries...-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks for keeping on top of things. Seems to be working perfectly!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest R5D4

I've been having real trouble with contacting the server since upgrading from 1.6, but 1.85 seems to be working much better - touch wood!

Guest BernBear

Yes, METAR and TAF work nicely now, but since 1.85 Active Sky is freezing up on me with a blank screen every time I quit FS2002 Pro, which it didn't do with 1.80Best regardsMax

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

I downloaded installed 1.85. Could someone confirm that the TAF is missing from the WX Briefing forms even though a TAF is available in the main form? TAF's seem be present in the main form, for example if I ask for it in the Custom Weather Textbox but if I include that airport in the WX briefing as say the departure airport, only current conditions is listed, the TAF doesn not appear.Hopefully it's something I'm doing wrong.Also I the splash screen is showing v1.8 not v1.85.Larry

Larry,You're correct, TAFs are not showing up on the Briefing Page. Something I totally forgot to look at while testing this latest version. Your splash screen still should say 1.8, but the main screen, after AS loads should read v1.85.12b.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Thanks Jim. I don't mean to complain. But I've done enough programming to know how easy it is to miss these details. This is a great program and FS2002 wouldn't be nearly as much fun without it. So if it's not running or some feature I use is broken, I notice right away!Thanks for your hardwork and thanks to Damian for a great program.Larry

Damian,I upgraded to 1.85 yesterday and let ActiveSky run for the past 24 hours. This morning, the Active Wx Station entry on the main screen shows a similar problem as before with the new format:ize = "5"> KMFR 241453Z 00000KT 10SM CLR 10/05 A30013I an running in online mode. Hope this helps you track down the problem.Bruce

Guest BernBear

I am seeing this too now. I just started Actve Wx after reading your post and am getting the same.ize = "5"> LSZB 241720Z 19004KT 9999 SCT120 30/10 Q1018 NOSIGEarlier today on my lunch break (~1100Z), the entries were still perfect. Was there yet another format change?Best RegardsMax, Bern, Switzerland (LSZB)

I got the same yesterday, but everything seemed to work ok when I used WxRE on a flight.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Gavin,Next flight, check your surface winds and see if you get the correct values.JimActiveSky Support

Guest PhilC

I'm getting the garbage at the beginning of the METAR anf TAF also. It seems to mess up only the surface winds (no wind).I am running the latest 1.85 release.

JimOK, will do.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Guest Muppet22

>>>>I'm getting the garbage at the beginning of the METAR anf TAF >>>>also. It seems to mess up only the surface winds (no wind).>>>>I am running the latest 1.85 release.Same here.