Sign in to follow this  
Guest eker

Same weather all over....

Guest eker

put Meteo in the wastebox and purchased Activesky. installed new FSIUPC with correct setup.Download weather at initial airport and skip to other airports later, the weather is the same.Cant afford to stay online all the time. Use the same procedure as FS real weather or Meteo - download and disconnect. These seems to be better by storing different weather -not only initial airport..

Starting Online and then disconnecting will not give you worldwide weather conditions. To do what you want, follow this:1. Start AS.2. Go to Options and click on the Autodownload And Create New button.3. AS will then download worldwide weather and winds data.4. Watch the "Hour For Download" window. It will tell you which cycle is being downloaded.5. Go to the Select Your Offline Definition File window and choose the file that was just downloaded.6. Switch to Offline Mode and save.7. Go fly!! Make sure Update METAR On New Station is checked off.Write back if you have any other questions.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest eker

Thank you very much for quick response!Guess AS mechanism is similar to FLY! - you can pick an old metar and use it.Skipping around the world I had to go off full screen (Alt+Enter) to update weather. But I forgot your step 7 Update metar checked off. (on during my test) Maybe this was the reason? Hopefully AS will update auto enroute anyway.Just curios:AS downloads yesterday winds. What is it used for?

1. Yes you can use an old METAR, but to use current weather you need to download the whole cycle as I described in my other answer.2. No, I typed the the wrong information!!! Update METAR On New Station should be On not Off. Please correct that!!3. Yesterdays winds are downloaded so that if a station has missed a report, AS can fill in the missing data with yesterdays winds.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest eker

Just finished a testflight across Europe - 3.5 hrs airborne. Very impressed!! Living next to an airport and noticed a very significant change in cloud layer according to TAF -forecast upon arrival 3 hrs later.(looking out of my window). Thank you Jim, for info.