Sign in to follow this  
Guest byoung

Problem w/ V 1.85

Guest byoung

I think something is wrong with the way AS is parsing out the wx infoThis line reads:Active Wx Station KIND / 1nm ize = "5">KIND 250055Z 17007....What is happening? Will it be able to load the wx properly?Barry

Guest byoung

Just confirmed, it didn't pick up the wx properly!Any body else having this problem??Barry

Guest mmcevilley

>Just confirmed, it didn't pick up the wx properly!>>Any body else having this problem??>>Barry>Yes, but it is intermittent; I had no problem yesterday (KSFO-PHNL) but it appeared today (PHNL-KSFO). At PHNL it was raining despite the METAR reporting CLR. Really strange was the wind direction/velocity - it appeared to have the ICAO characters where the wind should have been (PHNHNKT).-michael

Guest Jalok

>Yes, but it is intermittent; I had no problem yesterday>(KSFO-PHNL) but it appeared today (PHNL-KSFO). At PHNL it was>raining despite the METAR reporting CLR. Really strange was>the wind direction/velocity - it appeared to have the ICAO>characters where the wind should have been (PHNHNKT).Michael, look at the wind speeds I have got today:WMO ID: 82900 / 54nm / Format: [Height-Ft(Meters):Dir/Spd/Tmp][00434(0132):165/09/25][02661(0810):155/15/18][05029(1531):130/14/16][10390(3163):045/13/09][19316(5880):060/09/-06][24966(7600):290/03/-16][31865(9700):285/22/-33][35971(10950):260/39/-43][40800(12420):265/34/-55][46647(14200):250/29/-69][54432(16570):265/21/-78]Noway this is normal! I think NOAA webmaster is playing with html tags since 10 days ago, probably not knowing that there're programs which depend on the webpage code stability. Maybe Damian and/or the maker of ServInfo could send a kind email to NOAA asking them if it would be possible to maintain the previous tag, or at least to communicate an eventual change before it's done.

I am getting this all over the US with v1.85???

Eric 

I received the same when starting the Flight from LGAV-LGMT, but after the first refresh everything worked Ok. I ll try it this evening agian.Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest RONVKING

Hi,Just purchased RxWX today and downloaded the 1.85 update.When I first ran the program the weather showed with no garbling ieEGCC 020220Z 25013KT 210V270 9999 BKN028 09/05 Q0985 NOSIGThen I changed modes to Online and got the garbling ieurier" size = "5"> EGCC 260920Z 09011KT 060V120 9999 SCT022 SCT140I then when back to offline mode and downloaded through the auto download and create new menu and again got the details without the garbling.Hope that helps someone to pinpoint the problem.Rdgs Ron

Guest PhilC

Anyone know why we have not heard from Damian yet? This is obviously a problem. There are numerous threads on this forum talking about this.As far as to where it happens... it really makes no difference. In online mode I've had it happen at most airports. I don't know if the string is coming from the reporting station or ActiveSky. It looks like something is trying to set a Courier font at size 5 at the beginning of the strings.http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Help.gif

At 12:10 today, 15 minutes before your post, Damian posted his fix to this issue. The new format is coming from the NOAA server.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest PhilC

Thanks. I always seem to jump the gun. :-)

No harm, no foul. We all try to be quick.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support