Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

*** IMPORTANT - Update 1.86 released ***

Hi all,As you probably know, NOAA made another change that messed up the METAR string processor again. Has been fixed once again, and update 1.86 (filename wxre186update.zip) should be available in the AVSIM libraries soon (or check www.hifisim.com for links).-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thank you! As soon as it's available I'll download it.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hello Damian,First of all, thanks for the update. As I could not download and test yet, the remark I'm going to make might not be relevant anymore...We all noticed that the NOAA site is playing around with (HTML?) layout coding inside the text. I noticed that so far the actual METAR contents is not changed and does not contain layout characters. Wouldn't it be possible to let wxRE scan for the active ICAO inside the METAR and TAF string? Characters to the right of this should then be treated as usual. This way wxRE will not be affected by any future NOAA changes regarding the layout codes in METAR/TAF's.Again, you might have solved it this way in v1.86. I thought it was worth a shot anyway....Kind regards,Hakkie

Damian,I wonder if there isnt someone delivering RSS Feeds of Metars ?[p][link:www.maddys-tours.org][img http://www.maddys-tours.org/MaddysBannerEFFC.jpg][/p]Athlon 1GhzAsus K7VT512MB SDRAM PC133GF3 Ti200SB-LivePlatinumWinXP pro / Suse Linux 7.2DSL Connection 768kb/s down / 128kb/s upFS2002pro

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Damian,Did you have a chance to look at the missing TAF's on the WX Briefing form? It appears these are still not showing up in V1.86. V1.85 had this problem also.The TAFs show up in the main form OK but not when the same airport is requested in the WX Briefing form.(At least that's what's happening to me!)Larry

Guest Jim Strenk

Any chance that ActiveSky freeware users get an update?I've been seeing the same METARs as wxRe users have been reporting.Thanks!

Guest Boaz

Thanks for that!Greately appreciated, you know I think all of us are totally addicted to your product!I didn't fly for all the days, because I could not use Wxre!So it's a compliment to ya, that some have been pushy or impatient :)Ah well thank you for your VERY fast patch!Keep up the good work my man!Boaz...

Hi!I've had problems with both 1.85 and 1.86.This is the error message i receive upon weather processing:"There is a communications problem with the Aloft server. Please use offline mode and try again later...The problem should correct itself soon."Same thing after upgrading to 1.86/Peter

Guest EWG550

HiThe same here, no Datas....V1.86

Peter and "EWG550",no problem directly related to versions 1.85 and 1.86. The public server for aloft winds that wxre connects to hiccupped a few hours causing wxRe to display those messages. You can check for yourself whether the aloft server is up and running by going to http://raob.fsl.noaa.gov.See chapter "Offline File Reference" on page 56 of the manual for more infos on those NOAA weather servers. Online mode also connects to those servers but in a slightly different way.Yesterday evening and right now at 11:37Zulu the server appears to be OK again. Hope it stays that way. Peter

Hie,I have just installed activesky update 1.86.When I am flying using PSS airbus, after 30 minutes,the image becomes saccadic...The image comes back to normal when I close activesky and erase all weather information ?Can you help me ?

Try to run in 32bit color and not 16bit.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support