Sign in to follow this  

Error reading wxre.ini again

I am still getting this wretched "Error reading wxre.ini - an offline folder may not be set correctly" message when I try to load a weather cycle that I have downloaded using wxre 1.8 or 1.86. Strangly enough the older cycles I got using 1.7 work fine.I have am just about ready to give up as I have wasted Soooooo much time downloading wx cycles only to find that they do not work.I even went to the extreme of reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling Windows XP and everything else but to no avail. The latest version 1.86 even gives me the message "Error reading wxre.ini" when it first loaded up using the default cycle that came with 1.86.I only am using the download version and only use offline files. It really seems to be a waste of time and money for me and sadly I am ready to give up. regardsRichard Binns

Guest RONVKING

Hi Richard,I had the same error. What I had done was to deleted a folder which the ini file pointed too.Go into your wxre.ini file and look for a line similar toWXREOfflinePath = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002ActiveSky wxREand make sure that the entry refers to a folder you have.Rgds Ron

Hi thereNo it is not that as the path is correct.The thing that I find strange is that the 1.7 version cycles work OK but no other.All very odd.regardsRichard

Richard,the only times I get that message, is when I've moved/deleted offline .wxd files, so that wxRe can't find its default .wxd file upon next startup. Even then, wxRe will load correctly, one just has to reset all values in the Options panel to the preferred values.So in addition to having WXREOfflinePath= point to an existing folder as Ron correctly suggested, also make sure DefaultOfflineFile= points to a valid .wxd file (and while you're at it, check whether ExportPath= points to an existing folder).I don't see any difference in file structure between versions 1.7x and 1.8x. All of those files can be viewed/edited with notepad BTW. So you could open those .wxd files as well as the .met, .taf and .wmo files that are referenced within each .wxd file. Maybe that way you can notice any differences between the 1.7x files that are OK for you and the 1.8x that fail.Hope you find something, Peter