Sign in to follow this  

wxRE wind problem

I just started using wxRE and it's great fun. But I'm having one problem - the taxi-wind control in FSUIPC doesn't seem to work. It seems to get stuck in the on or off position regardless of how it's set with real time weather. If I used a saved weather file, the taxi-wind control works fine. I've updated to wxRE 1.86 and am using FSUIPC 2.975. Any thoughts on what's wrong?Also, when using a saved weather file, do I need to set both the date and time to that of the file or just the time?thanks, Dick

Dick,Welcome to ActiveSky! The Taxi Wind Control in FSUIPC should read Turn It On and the Automatic box should be unchecked. If you click OK your settings should remain set until you change them. Real time weather has no control over this.When using a saved weather file you choose the file which is titled by the hour it was downloaded. In FS you can set the time and date to whatever you want and only that one file you chose to use will be used. Remember, downloaded weather files are named in 24 hour cycles with NO dates attached to them. So if you save, for example, the 12z files today and save the 12z files tomorrow, the files you saved the first day will be overwritten by the new files. There are ways around this I know, but may be too complex for right now.Feel free to ask about anything else!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi Jim,Thanks for your response.The FUSIPC Taxi Wind control does NOT work when I'm using wxRE in the online mode. This is true with or without TAF processing.The Taxi Wind control works when I download real weather when not using wxRE and when using wxRE in Offline mode with a saved weather file.I can tell this both by the ATIS report and watching a windsock. I'm using FUSIPC 2.975 with the ini file supplied with wxRE.This is no big deal because I can always edit the weather if needed, but I was just wondering if there is something I can change for a quick fix.Thanks, Dick >Dick,>>Welcome to ActiveSky! The Taxi Wind Control in FSUIPC should>read Turn It On and the Automatic box should be unchecked. If>you click OK your settings should remain set until you change>them. Real time weather has no control over this.>>When using a saved weather file you choose the file which is>titled by the hour it was downloaded. In FS you can set the>time and date to whatever you want and only that one file you>chose to use will be used. Remember, downloaded weather files>are named in 24 hour cycles with NO dates attached to them. So>if you save, for example, the 12z files today and save the 12z>files tomorrow, the files you saved the first day will be>overwritten by the new files. There are ways around this I>know, but may be too complex for right now.>>Feel free to ask about anything else!>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky SupportDick

To help me out here can you give me some actual numbers from AS and FS when Taxi Wind Control is not working. Example: AS has ground winds of XXXatYYY while FS is showing winds of ZZZatWWW. There should be no need to edit any kind of weather. I may misunderstand what Taxi Wind Control does.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support