Sign in to follow this  
Guest moomox

Curious about the fs2004 version

Guys,wxRE 2.0 isn't here yet. Much more remains to be done. Work is also still being done on 1.x for FS2004 compatibility. There WILL be more 1.x updates (at LEAST 1).Should prospective new users wait until 2.0 releases until becoming a wxRE user? Is 1.x obsolete? No! 1.9 will provide FS2004 compatibility and be a much more realistic alternative to anything else out there including FS2004's internal Jepp downloads.Keep in mind that there is no release date schedule for wxRE 2.0. We are not even close to even alpha testing right now - and release could happen anywhere from 2 months (if everything wraps up smoothly) to 12 months from now.I hope those who have recently purchased wxRE 1.x are confident in their purchase and that this post will hopefully clear up some confusion in this matter. -Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest BernBear

Damian,Thanks for the information and clarification. I was under the wrong impression that 2.0 is just around the corner, in a matter of weeks or so. I do love ActiveSky, which is why I very quickly went from the freeware to the full version (within a couple of days).If there is a free upgrade that will work with FS2004, I will obviously be completely satisfied until 2.0 comes out and when it does I will take a good look at the new features to determine if they're worth paying for and judging from the the present version, they most likely with be. I have absolutely no problem with paying for a completely new version of software I like (After all, there's no discounted upgrade to FS2004) and ActiveSky IS worth every penny I paid for, which can't be said about some other FS add-ons. Best regards,Max