Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

MS wants me for BETA testing?!?

Hi y'all,well, I just got some surprising eMail with Outlook's 'high priority' mode from a guy named Hal Bryan (having a email address ending @microsoft.com) who wants me for beta testing the next version of FS (I wrote them a 'nice' 9 pages of wish list some months ago; they even answered). They want my postal address etc. Can someone please confirm this guy is from the FS team, that'd be really great since I cannot confirm this mail is serious. I looked at some gamers' sites and there he is really under 'testers'. He stated I shouldn't give this mail away but I am a bit in doubt so I just thought it'd be best to ask you. I just don't really know if I should answer (but anyway, I tend to 'yes'... ;-)).Thanks for your assistance,Etienne

Can't say for sure but I'd be a little wary.Did you register with Microsoft as a beta-tester for FS? If so, your postal address would have been required when you submitted the registration (it's part of the form).

Guest Rob

His name doesn't ring any bells as a Microsoft employee. From BETA testing Windows .NET Server 2003, the VAST majority of Microsoft email addresses are @online.microsoft.com, not @microsoft.com.All I can do to help!...if this is all kosher, well done!!

Hal is one of the TOP GUYS in the MSFS DepartmentI have been a tester on the last 4 releases so I can (ahem) Vouch for him :)Go For it !!It's a REAL Experience

Boy are you gonna get some post now :-lol :-lol Well done, nice to know someone from here who is on the test team.

Congrats! That must be quite an honor!If you do join their team as a beta tester though, keep it under wraps. Most software firms are very strict about keeping such testing confidential, as much to protect you as to protect them. If it comes to pass for you, good luck, and put in a good word on behalf of our community!Regards,John

Guest H_Kev55

Hopefully posting as you did has not violated any future non-disclosure agreement that MS will have you under if and when you test for them.KJdcboard.cgi?az=view_attachment&file=3d866b9308147336.jpg

Having beta tested FS2002, CFS2 and CFS3, I can assure you Hal is a real guy and legit.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest guyjr

Yes, but the e-mail may not be. E-mail is incredibly easy to forge. I'd try replying to the address he gave you from an account you don't mind getting spam from, and see if he replies back to you again.

I thought they usually only used beta testers from the Seattle area??? Or did I dream that?

what do they want you to beta test? Flight Sim 2004?