Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

MS wants me for BETA testing?!?

Guest Panman

And I quote from the original post "who wants me for beta testing the next version of FS".Guess they want to beta test FS98 then!!

Ya don't forget the NDA. Publishers need total control when it comes to press about features and such. Probably best to keep any further developments confidential ;) You may already have some explaining to do, but I

>what do they want you to beta test? Flight Sim 2004? Hey !! - where did you get that picture of Brissie from for your sig -- I have a copyright on that!!! :)Barry

He didn't do that, all he did was ask if the email was an obvious fake :-rotorWith the number of people trying to steal personal information noone can blame him for that.But indeed, one should always read AND UNDERSTAND the NDA you're bound to get to sign and then abide by the rules set in that which usually boils down to 'if you tell anyone anything about the program including but not limited to the fact that you're involved in it, you're in big trouble'.

Guest Barney1

If this proposal is legitimate, perhaps you could include a condition of your own before acceptance of the offer. And that would be something to the effect that you'll consent only if MS and / or their sub-contractor(s) pay attention to any faults and / or suggestions you provide instead of simply ignoring them and publishing a version of FS like the last one.Yeah....I know..........dream along!!

Guest byoung

Congrats,Now I would like to see the FS 2004 team improve the ATC by certifying the procedures much like Radar Contact, and integrate voice recognition. Next, really focus on core components.Like being able to Trim the aircraft for straight and level flight. More work on the control surfaces and flight dynamic modeling. Standardization and Certification of aircraft. FOCUS on the aircraft model and making it more realistic and easier to design aircraft, but there should be a panel of reputable aircraft design gurus certifying all aircraft (ie Steve Small @ FSD). Standard FS 2002 aircraft that shipped with the product, the flight models were aweful.VERY IMPORTANT: Joystick / Control surfaces assignments and sensitivities should an attribute of the aircraft, not FS 2004 overall. Infact, aircraft designers should set the default values as part of the aircraft design process, and only allow you to change them if necessary (to compensate for slower machines, older hardware)3D HUGE -- They also need to work with enhancing 3D as far as the eye candy. Come out with a 3D hardware and software solution that is integrated in the scenery engine.A solution that is not dependant on third party stereo drivers that are flakey.Fix the Glide Slope / Localizer gauge and process so it tracks properly.Finally:As far a processor / system resources adopt the philosophy:DO MORE WITH LESS, NOT MORE WITH A LOT MORE!When you state minimum requirements for FS 2004, be realistic. You should be obtain 20-25 FPS on the minimum system.Take care!Barry

Basis question to start with in respect to the performance: what is the minimum system to base on?Is a minimun system a P3 800Mhz (which I have) or a P4 2.0Ghz or a AMD 2000+ with all 512Mb of Ram?Regards, Ferry

NO more comments on this,,,anyway thanks for the replies, and yes, like Jeroen said, it was just to confirm the mail is serious, nuffin more.But please some moderator lock or delete this thread, thanks.Etienne