Sign in to follow this  

Unwanted Vis Reduction.

Have just spent the last few days trying to use ActiveSky wxRE and each time I get started the visibility gradually reduces in increments until I

Alt Hold,Welcome to Active Sky! Please make sure you are using one of the newest versions, hopefully v1.9, which can be found here at the library. It looks like you are using an older version of AS. If this is not the case, please write back.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest svvceo

Dear Jim,I have the latest version of AS and still have this visibility problem. Any ideas how to solve it? ThanksFaisal.

Faisal,I need more information. Now that there are multiple versions of FS, FSUIPC and AS I need to know what combination you are using. Thanks!!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest svvceo

Hi Jim,Here is the info:1. FS20022. FSUIPC version is 2.9753. Active Sky is the latest update 1.9 (I think) and I have the payware version.Thanks for the help.Faisal.

OK the first thing to do is in FS clear all the weather. Then let AS re-fresh the weather. If this doesn't work then check your settings in FSUIPC and AS.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest svvceo

Dear Jim,Done that and it works for the departure airport only. As I'm on final approach the visibility goes down so quick to 1/8. Do you think I have to clear all weather before final approach also?Thanks a million for your help.Faisal.

Hi Faisal,Please give me the exact METAR string that is causing this, and if you can, include screenshots of wxRE main and status screens.. you can send to damianc@hifisim.com. Thanks!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest svvceo

Dear Damian,Thanks again for your help. As soon as I make my next flight, I will take the screen shots you requested an email to you.Regards,

Guest rhys13

Hello,I am also experiencing exactly the same difficulties as this other user. I will also send you the screen shots. As you will see on the status screen the metar visibility is set to 0.0 where the actual metar is showing a visibility of 9999 ! Perhaps this could help in defining where the problem lies. Cheers,

Hi,Please check your version, you need the latest wxRE v1.9..-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies