Sign in to follow this  
Guest dlamb

FSUIPC confusion

Guest dlamb

I am a little confused as to what the exact settings in FSUIP should be when using ASky and FS2004. I assume that ASky would be classified as 'an external weather program'? If this be the case should one then set visability and cloud settings within FSUIP or does the FS2004 weather engine look after these? I note that reading the FS2004Info.txt that you say "Overcast and Rain/Snow vis should be turned off". What about the other settings? Where do I find 'Disable Cloud Transitions'?To summmarize I feel it would be helpful to publish all the recommended settings within FSUIPC when using FS2004 and ASky. This should clear up any confusion users might have.I have to say that I have noted a remarkable improvement in the weather simulation within FS2004 and the upgraded version of Asky. However it would be comforting to know the correct settings as noted above.Best WishesDavid

I agree. Though I have everything(??) :+ set as documented, I would too appreciate a confirmation of this. So Damian, would you mind providing your recommended wxRE/FUIPCS/FS2004 settings here?Hakkie

To All,Post your wxRE.ini and FSUIPC.ini files and I'll take a look. Damian tries to make this easy by including text files with every download, but I would be happy to take a look.Disable Cloud Transitions is in wxRE Options, the very last option box on the right hand side, at the bottom.I wish I could come to your houses to take a look, but I can't!!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest dlamb

Thanks for your help Jim. The following are my wxre and fsuipc ini files. Willbe interested to receive comments.CheersDavidFSuipc.ini[General]History=WI6Z8M7L5FDYC4K18H9TKTCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=NoClearWeatherDynamics=NoMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...WindSmoothing=YesWhiteMessages=NoGenerateCirrus=YesWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=NoExtendMetarMaxVis=YesPatchSimApAlt=YesAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=NoWindSmoothness=-2SmoothPressure=YesPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=1000MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=6000MaximumVisibility=2000MaximumVisibilityOvercast=2000MaximumVisibilityRainy=1000OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoCloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=NoCloudIcing=NoWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoMagicBattery=YesKeepFS98CloudCover=NoRudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoReversedElevatorTrim=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoShowPMcontrols=NoTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=YesSmoothIAS=YesSetVisUpperAlt=NoVisUpperAltLimit=4000SuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=YesSetStdBaroKey=66,9ForceWeatherKey=67,10GraduatedVisibility=YesLowerVisAltitude=6000UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=6000OwnWeatherChanges=No[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292MaxThrottleForReverser=0AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0MapThrottle=YesAileron=-16383,-1829,512,16383Elevator=-16380,0,512,16380Rudder=-16383,0,512,2308Throttle1=-16193,-4582,512,16192wxre.ini[General]GenerateRain=NoGenerateCirrus=NoWindShearSharp=YesAutoTaxiWind=NoUpperWindGusts=NoStormsAutomatic=NoGraduatedVisibility=YesLowerVisAltitude=6000UpperVisAltitude=25000ExtendMetarMaxVis=YesPatchWeatherToADV=YesPlanLoadNoPosition=NoPatchSimApAlt=YesAutoClearWeather=YesApplyVisFix=NoWindTransitions=YesExtendTopWind=YesWindSmoothness=1CopyDewPtToDayNightVar=YesSmoothPressure=YesPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindVarFactor=7WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindSetVariance=NoSubterraneanWindFix=YesMagWindsToFST=NoWindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=6000MaximumVisibility=2000MaximumVisibilityOvercast=2000MaximumVisibilityRainy=1000UpperVisibility=6000OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoStormProbability=0StormMinTemp=10StormParameters=1030530CloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=YesCloudIcing=YesCloudForJetTrails=NoCloudForVSky=NoWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoMagicBattery=YesAxisCalibration=NoTCASid=FlightTCASrange=40SendWeatherAlways=NoSendWeatherInterval=60RainStopper=75RainStarter=75KeepFS98CloudCover=NoRudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoShowPMcontrols=NoAdjustWeatherATIS=NoCloudTurbulenceToWinds=NoFixRainProblem=YesTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=YesSmoothIAS=NoMinVSkyAltitude=40000TrafficScanPerFrame=10SuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=NoMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0

David,Thanks, but you posted two sets of FSUIPC files and no wxRE file. The only change I would make would be to make "Generate Cirrus= No".Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hakkie,FSUIPC: looks good.wxRE:When using FS2004 for sure make "Disable Cloud Transitions"= TrueOptional would be: "Winds Aloft Simulation"= True"Disable Forced Wind Updates"= TrueHope this helps,JimActiveSky Support