Sign in to follow this  
Guest BC_KBOS

FS9 has taken control of the weather

Hi,FS has taken over the global weather. No weather changes at that point will be permitted unless they are station-specific. So wxRE is now writting the attempted global wx to 10 closest stations. No, this hasn't been tested very much on my end and this is the first feedback I've received on it! Can you provide some more info? Perhaps an FSUIPC wx/write log would help a bunch! Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi again,Found a major problem in the code, have fixed it, try beta 5 at http://www.hifisim.com/wxre191updaterc5.zip. Thanks and sorry for the beta 4 recall! The message is normal if FS assumes control, but now the wx should continue to update properly... Let me know your results!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest mmcevilley

>Hi again,>>Found a major problem in the code, have fixed it, try beta 5>at http://www.hifisim.com/wxre191updaterc5.zip. I'll be able to give it a try tomorrow. But, I wanted to let you know that I received the "FS9 has taken control ..." message with Beta 4 and I was running FS2k2 - not FS9!-michael

Guest BernBear

Hi Damian, I am using Beta 5 (Setup.exe dated 8/30/03 1;35pm) and weather is behaving extremely erratically, one second I have an overcast that corresponds to the METAR, the next I have clear skies, which remain until I manually clear the weather through FSUIPC (3.06 registered) or restore it with the FsUIPC weather hotkey. I still do get the "FS9 has assumed control of WX, forcing local sation writes" message in Active Sky.Also the Status Screen no longer reports FS or FSUIPC version, just showing dots in the place of that info. The Title Bar does still say "FS Active".If you would like a FSUIPC log, do you just require Weather to be logged, or also any other loggable data?If you need more information, feel free to get back to me.Best regards,Max (Berne, LSZB)

Damian,I have had problems tonight using update 5. While trying to get to my cruise altitude of 33000 ft, I found that the aircraft couldnt climb as per normal. A quick glimpse of the temp and it was showing as 56 degrees C...and that was at 28000 feet...!!!I shut down Activesky and used FS2004 weather and was able to climb normally. I also got the message about FS9 taking control.RegardsKeith

Guest BernBear

Keith,While I didn't check the temp during the flight, I think I had the same problem climbing out from PANC (Anchorage Int'l). My FS default 737-400 simply refused to accelerate to 280 KIAS on climb out, speed dropped to under 200 KIAS by the time I reached FL 330.In cruise at FL330, I couldn't get to the normal cruise speed of Mach 0.81, 30 minutes into the cruise segment, I was barely up to Mach 0.75 with full throttle.The FSUIPC log that I ran to see what was happening with the weather. FSUIPC seemed to be sending the correct OAT of -50

Guest Steve_Park

Damian, I have been having the same issue with weather at altitude (currently at FL350) being shown as the current reporting station's (KFSM) weather (wind 040/01 temp +31C Dew Point +31C in Rain at FL350). First I got an "Invalid information from wind aloft server" message and never did get any wind's aloft data so fsuipc was showing surface winds all the way to 100,000 feet along with the surface temp's and dew point's. I have the beta 5 release of 1.91, fsupic 3.06 (registered), FS9 (reported as FSNEXT in wxRE). I did have the fsupic weather log function on when I got the FS9...control message and will forward it to your support email (about 117K, to big for attachment here). OS is Win XP Home with Direct X 9.0b.Steve ParkKSDFwww.livewireairlines.com