Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

!! Beta 6 now avail, for ASwxRE 1.91

Hi all,Lots of problems found in betas 4 and 5 - a complete re-write of the FS2004 localized write procedure was done. I have tested continuously over the past 24 hours and everything appears to be working correctly now in all configurations.New option: "FS2004 Weather Writes". FS2004 users need to check this box. It will disable the old FS98 weather interface and enable the new FS2004 NWI weather interface. The differences are plenty, but the end result should be the same, and the good news is that winds should no longer LOCK.FS2002 users, please test this new beta as well, to ensure the existing FS2002 (FS98 weather interface) is still working correctly.Please advise ASAP on any issues you encounter. The download is at http://www.hifisim.com/wxre191updaterc6.zip. This is for existing wxRE 1.x users only and, as always, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS IS A BETA VERSION.Thanks everyone for your help!!!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest BernBear

Hi Damian!Beta 6 seems to be working differently from Beta, so much is clear, but here's what I saw today:Weather wildly fluctuating between dense ground fog and heavy rain at KHPN, the changes occured every 30 or 40 seconds while I was getting the default Lear ready for takeoff. After taekoff and out of the muck, I had heavy rain out of a perfectly clear sky at 18,000 ft, the metar had no clouds above my altitude.Then on my way to KPIE, south of KCHS, the airspeed of the Lear suddenly dropped to zero knots and stayed there at 35,000 ft.I'm not sure if this was the fault of wxRE, but it's never happened to me before.I decided to quit FS and re-start the flight at KCHS, where I am seeing a TAT of -33 degrees on the ground, that just cannot be right.(Dynamic)-KIGC AM1613Z 19012KT 9999 SCT050 QNH3006INS T33/20Z T24/09Z 22/05 Q1026I quickly logged weather in FSUIPC and it first send 15 degrees to FS9 and then immediately -33 degrees. The funny temperature format might suggest to wxRE that these are negative temps, if it only checks for the presence of a letter and not specificall for an M. Actual METAR and TAF are below.KIGC AMD 311714 19012KT 9999 SCT040 SCT100 BKN250 QNH3009IKIGC 271616 21009KT 9999 SCT050 QNH2999INS BECMG 0203 26005KT 9999 SKC QNH3004INS BECMG 1415 23009KT 9999 SCT050 QNH3006INS T33/20Z T24/09ZI don't really understand why in the beginning the report came from KIGC and not KCHS, because several minutes later, after I done nothing but check out a few other airports (LEBL, LSZB, KPIE, PHNL) and putting the aircraft back at KCHS, i then got a report from KCHS, like I would have expected and got a more realistic TAT of 14 degrees, which still seems awful low for Charleston in August and does not match the temps in the MetarKCHS 041756Z 20007KT 10SM SCT030 BKN140 29/24 A2993 RMK AO2 Interestingly, temperatures for other stations were ok, I just can't seem to figure out what might be wrong with the above report. There might just be something wrong with reports in that area, but I still thought I'd mention it.Best regardsMax (Berne, LSZB)

damian, I do not get any weather any more, just clear skies. everything is set like with the former 1.91 but I checked the 'Use FS2004 weather writes'. Just downloaded fsuip 3.06 and will try again & report.EDIT: yep, it works now with FSUIPC v3.06. Will start flying now...CheersPhilCome to DAD!http://www.dangerous-airports.com/images/dad_logo.jpgAMD XP 2700+, 1GB RAM, ASUS A7N8X, ATI Radeon 9700, 17" TFT

Guest cufcskim

Is version 6b using "Local" or "global" weather settings within FS9?Noted: Weather changes instantly (set-up followed to the letter!)Great program i've been using it for FS2002 for ages now FS9 is on the scene, i'm looking forward to the day when wxre gets intergrated with the "local" dynamic weather because i have a feeling the weather will be awsome.Untill then i'll keep trying the beta's and carry on using FS default "real" weather, guess i'll just have to get used to 16km vis untill the "daddy" of the weather comes up trumps once again.

ck,Global weather.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest cufcskim

Ah that explains it. Any plans to write to the local weather system?The combo of ASwxre and the Fs9 local weather engine looks like it'll be hard to beat.Cheers

Hi Damian,Beta 6 looks like it's working fine except that the airspeed goes down to zero in flight. I had a cloud base of 3000ft and as soon as i reached that level, airspeed went to zero. Never happened before. Antoine Vella

I concur...saw airspeed drop to 0 for ~20-30 sec in 2 of 3 flights since installing Beta 6...occurred near cloud base on descent both times.I'm also seeing fog layer on and off throughout flight...abruptly appears and disappears.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, D.C.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Phil, The problem is not freezing or icing, it wasn't raining nor freezing, TAT = 26C, just as i passed the cluds speed went from 140 to 0, seems like something to do with ActiveSky Beta6Antoine

Phil, The problem is not freezing or icing, it wasn't raining nor freezing, TAT = 26C, just as i passed the cluds speed went from 140 to 0, seems like something to do with ActiveSky Beta6Antoine

It's part of the plan for Active Sky 2.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest cufcskim

>It's part of the plan for Active Sky 2.>AS2? totally new purchase or upgradeable from AS 1.9?Any rough guesses on the realease date?I would be glad to help beta test. (FS9 is on 24/7/365):-wave

Purchase plan details have yet to be totally worked out. Could be some charge for AS 1.XXX users. AS 2 is not an upgrade but a brand new program.Hope to test soon and release after testing goes well. No, I don't know when soon is!!Watch the boards here for beta test info!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest A386

Hi,this night I pump up my new FS2004 with all updated addons (takes hours) and this is what I have noticed so far with ASwxRE 1.91 B6:As reported, sometime the airspeed goes to 0 for some seconds.Very seldom, but it happens. Has no affect to the aircraft.FSUIPC 3.06: I read the AXwxRE Manuals on how to configure FSUIPC.Strange: sometimes I get two layers of coulds, one ~10.000 feet, other ~3000 feet higher. Fine. But from one second to the other I have "no weather/clear sky". After some minutes there two layers might come back and stay for some time before they disappear again.There seems something with FSUIPC + ASwx here.When I play with FSUIPC's settings, I get the both cloud layers back instanly, but not stable.In my quick test I was always near my weather reporting station.Looks like this FS2004-FSUIPC-ASwx triangle is not so stable at the moment, but when it works for some minutes it looks outstanding !