Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Which Payware aircraft should I get (any suggestions)??

I currently have the Flight1 DC-9, DF 737, and CS Mig-21UM.Any suggestions on what I should get next? I was looking at the "Clipper" and it looks pretty interesting. But so does the SF.260, CS 727, Cardinal, etc... LOLAny help here would be greatly appreciated!!Post which ones you prefer and why please!!!Thanks to all who respond!Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Do you like small aircraft, medium commuters, or large jets the best?1. Small - Dreamfleet 177 would be my choice based on overall quality and value. What is to like? Everything. What is to dislike? Nothing. Same with the Marchetti SF260.2. Medium Commuter - Dash 8 by PSS is due out in couple weeks or so. Of course I can't speak to its quality, but I am confident it will be good. http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/ Click on the coming soon link.3. Large Jets - Captain Sim 727, when it is finished, will no doubt be one of the best. Dreamfleet is also doing a 727, but no one knows when it will be released. The Ready for Pushback 747 looks pretty awesome and should also be shipping next week or so. This one looks to have the potential to be 767 PIC the sequel. http://www.panelshop.com/

Yeah, it's probably going to be better if you decide on what type of aircraft you're interested in. I've got the DF Cessna Cardinal, the Clipper, the RealAir SF260, Lago's Twin Otter and several of Bill Lyon's classic aircraft (Tiger Moth, Waco Classic, Ryan STA) and they're all absolutely fantastic work. The quality of payware, on the whole, is getting so good that it's hard to make a decision on quality alone. Each has their strong points, but I think it's hard to go wrong with any of them provided they're the type of aircraft you like to fly. I particularly like vintage aircraft, and the Clipper and Bill Lyon's planes belong in that underserved category. You just have to like the wind in your hair and flying without a GPS or FMC! BTW, the Clipper has an update on the way that will address the somewhat lackluster VC, and it looks like they've really beefed it up.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Thanks for the responses so far guys!As far as preference to type, I really don't have one (as you can see from what I have already purchased). As long as the visual model is VERY good (yep, i'm shallow, LOL)and the panel is above average I am happy.The clipper seems very interesting due to the fact that there isn't anything else like it out there. How is the "Clipper" visual model? From screenshots it looks very good, any personal opinions Spotlope?As far as the "Ready for Pushback" 747 I am not to impressed with the visual model and textures. Not to mention it is hard to justify buying a 747 with such freeware by authors the likes of POSKY and Meljet (which are of course free).Thanks so far guys and keep em' commin'!!!Shane

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest UweR

The visual model of the clipper is good, but the panel (visually) certainly not above average :-( I understand the lack of accurate information the designer team had to cope with lead to that, but it really doesn

In fairness to the Clipper folks, the panel would have been pretty rudimentary in the real plane, and they don't have a lot of nice, crisp clear photos from numerous angles to work with. I remember being struck by how simple the instrumentation was in the Spruce Goose. The flight engineer had a ton of guages, but the pilot didn't have a much.

At least be aware of the Piper Meridian project from Flight1. If you like textures - both inside & outside this one should be a good candidate. But some *very* unique technological innovations is where the primary focus of this prduct is going to be .... ;-) Due in January ?Michael J.

Guest Van

I suggest if you really like visual models to get the new Ariane GMAX 733 or 734. You already have DF's panel so combined you will have one of the most realistic simming experiences and Ariane already has a DF/Ariane merge file on their site.I don't recommend Captsims 727 as I have had the opportunity to use it and the panel gauges are very difficult to read. I realize they haven't finished the final release, but with what I've read they don't seem to be willing to change that issue. If you are interested in the 727 I suggest waiting for DF's 727 as they haven't had a flop yet.Regards,http://www.yeodesigns.com/signatures/yeode...nner-van2-1.jpg[/img][/url]

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

I have just about all the payware aircraft from the FSD Cub to the DC-9. I am a VFR pilot and I trained in 152's & 172's. I can tell you without a doubt or hesitation that the Cardinal 177 is BEAUTIFUL ALL AROUND if you trained the same way. The reason I say this is that I KNOW what a REAL 172 feels like but not a 177 which are still similar and it looks, "feels", & sounds like the real deal. The "OLD" style radios, transponder, navomatic, & ADF just make it perfect. Even seeing the REPLY light come on every now and then gives it that final touch. But the wood grain panel and night lightings can't be beat either. Everything from the startup gyros to complete moving horizontal stab is there. I really sum it up that I LOVE flying ALL types of aircraft in Flight Sim which I will NEVER get a chance to fly in real life. I do fly 172's for real and the whole package feels like it should for the Cardinal. This let's me also realize that the other "GREAT" payware or freeware planes that I fly must feel similar to their real life counterpart for those who REALLY do fly them which is great to know. Basically if you are a VFR pilot who has flown the real life counterparts, you CANNOT go wrong with the Cardinal. BUT, I am off to keep learning the intricacies of the Captain Sim 727 as well as finish learning the procedures of the DC-9. :)Carminehttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Great comments guys!Keep them coming please!!!Thanks!!!!!!Shane

Ark

Guest SlimDady

Go for the sf.260 it leads the way hands down.The most real physics in any fs plane ive flown. Also very well made. Lots of detail, and a complete virtual cockpit.Currenly its my fav airplane.

I have narrowed my decision down to 3 aircraft.1. DF Csrdinal2. SF. 2603. Boeing ClipperI know the "Clipper" doesn't exactly "fit" into the other two choices but I am drawn to it for some odd reason. Maybe it's the fact that it is just plain different, hmmm....This is what I have down so far (and also why it makes my decision so hard):1. DF Cardinal: Very nice model, Free RG version, Text-o-matic, nice VC. Decent price.2. SF. 260: Very nice visual model, great FDE, heard a lot of great things about it. Decent price.3. Boeing Clipper: Very nice visual model, "original" idea, just plain different, also heard a lot of good things about it. I also heard the VC is gettig a sizable update VERY soon. Expensive, BUT comes with a few different models and sceneries.So now you guys see my dilemma.Argh!!!!!Decisions decisions!!!Shane

Ark

I don't care what the others say, I was drawn to the Clipper myself for the same reason. I must say you will not be disappointed with this purchase. It kind of reminds me of the plane Indiana Jones flew on in Raiders of the Lost Ark. I think the designers did a great job, I liked it so much I created scenery in the bahamas on every major island to do island hops. What a great vacation that would be to fly to the Bahamas with a reservation on a restored Clipper that offers air tours of the whole island chane (Freeport to St. Thomas). I usually fly to Nassau on Delta where I board the Clipper at a seaport created using Lago's FSSE. I would not try to do an Atlantic crossing or fly to Hawaii from San Francisco but small island ventures in the carribean are wonderful. Believe me the guys who created this bird did a wonderful job and the sounds and panel fit with the period this aircraft was made. The panel is not supposed to be high tech and it looks as it should (you get a very detailed panel, believe me). The Virtual cockpit is awsome also which is what I use to fly this bird (you can fully fly this thing using only the VC with great popup windows so there is no need to switch between the 2D cockpit). If your drawn to the Clipper as I was I would suggest you get it. The bird is a great departure from the norm and it really does take you back to a simpler time....Les--

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2