Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

ActiveSky on XP Proffessional Network

Windows XP does not allow sharing of the Program Files directory. Use WideClient (Registered) I am unable to write to the FS2004 (FS9) directory therfore unable to use this feature. If I select write to FS2004 I do not get any weather on FS9. Any suggestions.Regards,Andrew

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Uninstall wxRE, reinstall your base version, but set your own directory(mine is C:Active Sky). Then patch your base version. Then share your new directory.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi Andrew, you should be able to enable sharing of Program Files, however:The only file read from FS9 is the Weathericao pos.bin file. You can copy this file to another location that you CAN share and thus map your drive this way, or simply copy the file right to the PC running wxRE. Make a new directory structure like this:C:FS9DataWeatherCopy Flight Simulator 9Weathericao pos.bin to the above locationUse C:FS9Data as your FS9 path in wxRE options.Let me know how that works!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damian,Thanks for the suggestion unfortuneatly it does not work. I am not getting any weather in FS9. I try this on the PC running FS9 using Z:FS9DataWeather and C:FS9DataWeather on the PC running Active Sky. The FS2004 Path in ActiveSky is C:FS9DataIf I deselect "Use FS2004 Weather Writes" everthing works OK.Regards,Andrew.

Jim,The problem is not with sharing the ActiveSky directory it is with sharing the FS9 directory. My understand is that ActiveSky looks in the FS9 directory for the sub dir called Weather? Is this correct?. If so I need to set the FS9 dir as shared which XP will not allow you to do because it resides in C:Program FilesHave I perhaps missed something?Andrew.

Jim,This is an extract from the Help section in XP the important point is the last paragraph.To open Windows Explorer, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer. To change the name of your folder on the network, type a new name for your folder in the Share name text box. This will not change the name of the folder on your computer. To allow other users to change the files in your shared folder, select the Allow other users to change my files check box. If you are logged on as a Guest, you cannot create a shared folder. The Sharing option is not available for the Documents and Settings, Program Files, and WINDOWS system folders. In addition, you cannot share folders in other user's profiles. Andrew

Hi Andrew,So you are still getting the .ini error then when FS2004 Writes enabled? Something is amiss... On the ActiveSky PC, in C:FS9Data you should have the folder Weather, which contains icao pos.bin. Can you confirm this? The only way this won't work is if [FS2004Path]Weathericao pos.bin does not exist or is corrupt. What's your icao pos.bin file date/size ?-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark

Guest alpha37

Damian am still experiencing the same issue..My icao pos bin is present and is 91kb.I get the fs2004 is not detected and also still get the ini error..Any suggestion would not be taken for granted..Alpha37

Damian,I do not get the .ini error when FS2004 write enabled. On the surface everthing looks like it is working. The problem is no weather appears in FS9. I have check the icaopos.bin file a number of times again all OK. As soon as I uncheck the FS2004 write enabled the weather appears in FS9.Confirm Dir structure C:FS9DataWeatherRegards,Andrew.

Hmm..Which version of FSUIPC are you running? 3.06 or later I hope!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark

Hi,Please show me a screenshot of your AS2 options screen and one from windows exporer showing the structure of FS9Data. Thanks!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark

Guest alpha37

her is a copy of my wxre ini file//wxRE configuration file - be careful with edits here[General]WXREOfflinePath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREExportPath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREOperationMode = OnlineDefaultOfflineFile = expcycle01Z.wxdDisableCloudTransitions = FalseDisableMessages = TrueLowBandwidthWinds = FalseExportMetars = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueMETARUpdateInterval = 5FDUpdateInterval = 5UpdateMETAROnNewStation = TrueUseShortTermTAF = TrueWindsAloftSimulation = TrueFS2004Writes = TrueIdlePriority = FalseVATSIMMetars = FalseDefaultForceRange = 80ZuluConversion = -7RainVisReduction = FalseOvercastHorizonVis = FalseDisableForceWindUpdates = TrueTAFProcessing = TrueWakeTurb = TrueDisableUpdatesWhenForced = TrueStartPaused = FalseCloudTransitionInterval = 5MinimumCloudThickness = 400UseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = TrueProxyAddress = NONEProxyPort = 80

Hi,According to this .ini, you do not have a path entered for FS2004 Path option. Is it possible that perhaps you have pointed the update install to the wrong wxRE folder? This can also be cause of problems. I suggest re-installing wxRE to make sure this is all OK, especially if you DO have FS2004 path entered in the wxRE version you are actually loading (the INI here is either the previous wxRE version or does not have FS2004 path entered).-Damian

Damian Clark

Damian,Confirm I am using FSUIPC Ver3.07 (Register) WideFS (Register)AS is running on a separte network computer.//wxRE configuration file - be careful with edits here[General]WXREOfflinePath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREExportPath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREOperationMode = OnlineDefaultOfflineFile = defcycle02Z.wxdDisableCloudTransitions = FalseDisableMessages = TrueLowBandwidthWinds = FalseExportMetars = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueMETARUpdateInterval = 10FDUpdateInterval = 45UpdateMETAROnNewStation = TrueUseShortTermTAF = FalseWindsAloftSimulation = TrueFS2004Writes = TrueIdlePriority = FalseVATSIMMetars = FalseDefaultForceRange = 60ZuluConversion = 10RainVisReduction = FalseOvercastHorizonVis = FalseDisableForceWindUpdates = FalseTAFProcessing = TrueWakeTurb = TrueDisableUpdatesWhenForced = FalseStartPaused = FalseCloudTransitionInterval = 10MinimumCloudThickness = 200UseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEProxyPort = 80FS2004Path = C:FS9DataRegards,Andrew.

Damian,I have been doing some limited testing. When I run WeatherSet2 (Part of FSUIPC) on the network computer and enable FS2004 write. No weather is showing on WeatherSet2. When I disable FS2004 write then weather shown up WeatherSet2. My assumption is that AS is not communicating with FSUIPC when FS2004 write in enabled.Hope this helpAndrew.