Sign in to follow this  
N4865G

weather does not show in FS9

It seems like I followed detailed instructions in the readme file attached to the latest update.I inserted the root location of my FS9 folder into the WxRE options window. The location of WxRE is also correct.Weather gets downloaded, displayed in the WxRE box but does not interact with FS9 for some reason. The outcome is the weather does not change.Recommended options are also in place - clear weather in FS options, no dynamic change, clouds to 100%, etc.Looking forward to your comments,Dom

Dom,Sorry you are having a problem. Some things to try. Don't insert the location of FS9 unless you are running wxRE on a second networked computer. Also, it takes a little time for weather to show up in FS. On initial load it could take up to five minutes. Let us know if anything here solves this!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Jim,I will try that again. In fact, I started with a blank FS9 root window in the WxRE options, but seeing no weather changes I inserted the path to it.I might as well be anxious and change locations too often to see it work.I will give it 5-10 minutes and see how it goes.Will report again,Thank you,Dom

Guest HeavyFan

I also have this problem in FS9!! I checked all the stuff the readme said to do to use ActiveSky Update 1.9!. And it load all weather fine in Activesky, but does not show anything In FS!! I read that u said to wait like 5min for the weather to load I will try that! But I turned off the Option "FS2004 Weather Writes" off in Activesky, and the weather shows up Instantly in Fs2004!?? Now which option should i use?? Turn Weather Writes On or off?? other than this minor problem seems to be working OK once the weather shows in Fs2004?? Please Help, I will also try the waiting for like 5min option and see what happens?? I also have the Weather all clear before I start FS2004! ?? MIKE:(

Hi all, Please confirm your FSUIPC version? 3.06 or later is required.. please double check.-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

OK,Just an update.I did not remove the path to the FS9 in the dialog box.The weather changes in a matter of minutes (sometimes instantenously), however there is some inconsistency of weather displayed and one in the METAR.For instance, METAR states CAVOK and no cloud coverage, yet I see broken layer of altocumulus of about 5/8 coverage.Your feedback is appreciated.,Dom

I have the same problem :-(Regards,Max

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

People,We will need screen shots of the wxRE main screen, status screen and what you are seeing in FS.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

>People,>>We will need screen shots of the wxRE main screen, status>screen and what you are seeing in FS.>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky SupportOk... unfortunately I've just closed FS2k4Anyway this evening I try to reinstall ActiveSKy 1.9 and the latest FSUIPC 3.10 and now all work!Only the wind doesn't change at the destination airport. I try to refresh Activesky and the wind (at the destination airport) is finally correct.There is something wrong with FS2004 and destination airport update.As soon as possible I'll send some screenshotsRegards,Max

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot