Sign in to follow this  
Guest LarryJ_KMSO

AS1.91 on second WideFS networked computer

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

I hate to ask this again but I read the posts concerning this issue and I guess I still don't understand.If FS9 is located on my main computer on D:FS2004 and AS1.91 is located on my secondary computer at C:ActiveWX linked to the main via registered copy of WideFS client/server, what do I enter in the blanks shown below under the Options button:wx Export Path __________________________FS2004 Path __________________________I think I read I place a check in the "Use FS2004 Weather Writes" option?I get an error message saying something must be wrong with my AS ini.Thanks,Larry Jones

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Ref above question:FSUIPC is version 3.07. Main OS is XP Pro and Secondary OS is ME.Larry Jones

Hi Lary,First, share your D: Drive on your FS computer (if this is not already done). I.e. make share name "Ddrive"...Second, on your wxRE computer, map a drive (windows explorer, tools, map drive) to this share... i.e. Map F: to [fscomputername]Ddrive (select autoreconnect at startup).Then, for wx Export Path you can leave this C:ActiveWXFor FS2004 Path, use F:FS2004I see that this setup can be a bit demanding for those who are not experienced in windows networking. I will work on an easier solution for the future..-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Damian,Couple more questions. I'm still missing something.1. Uncle Bill of M$ fame posted a rather ominous warning when I "shared" the D: drive (The drive where FS2004 is located). It said something like "If you understand the implications of sharing the root folder, click here". I did click and gave network users read / write permissions to my D: Drive and shared it as DDrive. XP Pro took quite a long time to change the permissions for all these files.Question: Is this what you intended for me to do? Do you need access to the whole D Drive?2. On the ActiveSkyWxRE computer connected to the "main" by WideFS server/client, I mapped (WinExplorer, Tools, Map Network Drive, then selected from the drop down which helpfully had this item: "mainddrive")the shared main drive to "F" So in the Options form I havewx Export Path set to "C:activeWX" which is the correct location for the ActiveSkyWxRE v 1.91 on the secondary WideFS connected computer.FS2004 Path is set to "f:fs2004" which seems correct also. I can see the mapped drive on the secondary computer when I open "My Computer" in among the 30 GB of files and folders is the folder "fs2004".Question: Despite all this, I still get an error message box that appears when I click "SAVE" on the Options form, which saysActiveSky wxRE: Error reading wxre.ini file - there may be an offline file/folder incorrectly set. Check your ini file.Any idea where I should start looking? I checked the two lines in "wxre.ini" and they appear to read the same as what I saw on the Options form.ThanksLarry

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Reading your other post about how AS reads the FS2004weather file "icao pos.bin", I copied that file to the secondary computer. It now resides in a file folder FS9_DataWeather in the same directory as AS 1.91. Then in options, I set the "FS2004 path" to show the path to this ".bin" file.Still I get the error message "Error reading wxre.ini file..."Any suggestions on what might be wrong?Larry Jones

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Thanks to Jim Skorna, I think I have this finally fixed! It was a LONG Process. I ended up scrubbing the registry to get rid of all references to activesky* and reinstalling beginning with 1.0 and updating with 1.91 update.The Situation: AS (ActiveSkyWxRe) 1.91 is installed on secondary networked computer (Win ME OS) connected to the Main computer where FS2004 is installed (WinXP Pro OS) via Pete Dowson's WideFS Server/Client. FS2004 COF is installed on Main in D:FS2004 and AS 1.91 on Secondary in C:ActiveSkyWxRe.I followed Damian's advice and simply copied the needed FS2004 file "D:FS2004Weathericao pos.bin" from D: drive Main PC to the secondary computer into a newly created folder off of the folder C:ActiveSkyWxRE where AS 1.91 is installed. This folder is titled "fs9dataWeather" (don't use the quotes!) So on my AS ME driven secondary computer resides a copy of the FS2004/COF file "icao pos.bin" 93,120 bytes. The full path to this file is "C:activeskywxrefs9dataweathericao pos.bin"In the AS Options page, I have filled in the "wxExportPath" textbox as c:activeskywxre and "FS2004 path textbox" as c:activeskywxrefs9data.I have a checked the option box next to "Use FS2004 Weather Writes".Everything seems to be working. At least I don't get the wxre.ini read errors which caused no end of consternation!If I find out later, that any of this is incorrect, I'll be back on here with an update.Larry JonesFlorence, MT