Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

Minor problems with AS 1.91 and FS9

Guest PhilC

Just wondering if anyone else experiences the following.First things first:With the release of the official 1.91, I uninstalled all versions including betas with the Add/Remove programs panel. Reinstalled version 1.0 and then updated to 1.91.I use the fsuipc.ini file provided with AS. The only thing changed was calibrating my yoke and pedals. Using the latest 3.07 fsuipc version.Here's what happens:Usually when the weather changes the plane has a tendancy to jerk left and right, sometimes pretty violently. Then it goes through 3 to 5 transitions (clouds, visibility, etc.) rather abruptly before finally settling down. No transitions seem gradual at all.The only thing changed in AS options is the Cloud Transition Interval set to 5 (from another post in this forum) and FS2004 Writes is checked. I do not use TAF processing.Any ideas what I can try to smooth this thing out?

Guest VBX143

>Here's what happens:>Usually when the weather changes the plane has a tendancy to>jerk left and right, sometimes pretty violently. Then it >goes through 3 to 5 transitions (clouds, visibility, etc.)>rather abruptly before finally settling down. No transitions>seem gradual at all.BUMPHiI am also having the same problems that you have experienced.As for today I'm using the PMDG 737 and it seems to me that when the AS is updating the METAR on a new station,the wind direction and speed is canged instantly. I'm using an registered version of FSUPIC, currently v3.10 and the settings in FSUPIC is the same as I've always had it in previous versions, eg FS2002.What I also experienced after the latest update from AS v1.91, when using the auto-download and create new tab, for offline mode, I only get 00z eventhough the auto time zone is checked and that the time zone/ UTZ conversion is correct. I have to enter the time manually in the Hour for download box.Any idea on whats causing these problems that I've mentioned?ThanksRSNorway

PhilC,In Options check on "Disable Cloud Transitions".wxRE is still a global weather system while FS04 is based on local weather systems causing some of the non-transitions.Wind shifts are caused when crossing one wind reporting area and entering another.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

RS,Is "Use System Time for Processing" checked on?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest VBX143

>RS,>>Is "Use System Time for Processing" checked on?Hi and thank you for your swift reply Jim,Yes, Use System Time is checked on.And for your information, when I do any updates I always do a fresh installation. I unistall all previous versions of AS and then I install AS v1.x and after that the latest update.Thanks,RS

RS,Is your computer clock correct?JimActiveSky Support