Sign in to follow this  
Guest sssummer

Newbie Question

Guest sssummer

I recently purchased Active Sky and have upgraded to 1.91. 1) Will purchasing a license for FSUIPC do anything to improve my Active Sky experience? If so, what?2) How do I get a more gradual change in the weather from station to station. The clouds just pop up instantly. I have all the recommended settings correct (dynamic weather off, clouds at 100%, etc)Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Active Sky. The full version of FSUIPC will give you some options that are not in the free version. Will they improve your experience? Hard to say. Depends what you expect from Active Sky and FS04.Set your cloud transition time to 5. Most times the clouds will pop up due to the fact that wxRE is working on a global weather system and FS04 is now working on a local weather system. The fix for this will come with Active Sky 2 in the future.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi guys,Note: The cloud 'pop-up' is a limitation of FS, you have to fade in at one octa at a time, and that first octa instance is going to look sudden sometimes. This is documented in the manual.. The wxRE built-in cloud transitions offer this octa shift, whereas default FS will simply switch from one cloud condition to the next (clear to overcast, etc.). Much smoother with wxRE, but still room for improvement.Just wanted to clarify that AS2 is not "fixing" anything here, and nothing is "broken" in wxRE.. it is simply a limitation. AS2, using FS2004's localized weather system will do away with the cloud transitions... now area-to-area transitions are handled nicely by FS internally, and time transitions are handled by default via the METAR update (i.e. it is rare a metar report at a single airport will go from clear to overcast right away.. the metar will reflect the changing conditions per update and that is what will simulate time transitions).-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest ntsmith

I will get shot down for this, but if I knew what I knew before I purchased both of those programs I would go out and get the FSUIPC program and skip the weather one.Can anyone tell me what ActiveSky does BETTER than the one with FS9. True, you get to see a few METARS. But you also get clouds that change instantly - when you set to real weather and update every 15 minutes it is gradual.There are no areas where it fine and others where its raining as you get in real life. I have often looked over in one direction and seen squalls and the rain falling down and turn my head and seen bright sunshine.The program doesnt like to end AFTER the FS, Thought that should have now been corrected. Its just rubbish and there are lots better - EG WETTER.Thinl before you spend your hard earned cash.OH yes FSUIPC that will smooth out wind levels, add the occasional Cirrus, reduce visibily in rain or snow - Half the price and twice the value.All the foregoing I add is my own opinion and you dont have to agree.