Sign in to follow this  
Ejiro

What is the effect of "Forcing" destination weather?

Greetings.. Please could someone be kind enough to explain the effect of forcing the destination weather in Active Sky 1.91, when running FS 2002 pro?When I force the destination weather, I find that the weather conditions at the destination station are EXACTLY the same as the departure station.Is this the way the force works or am I doing something wrong somewhere.?

Forcing the destination weather locks in your weather at that airport. The option "Disable All Wx Updates When Forced" needs to be turned OFF.Can you give me your actual airports?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Thank you for your response, Jim.The airports are KOAK - KLAX. I have gone back and had a look; it could be that the Metars were not set to update on new station.>Forcing the destination weather locks in your weather at that>airport. The option "Disable All Wx Updates When Forced" needs>to be turned OFF.When you say locks in the weather at the destination airport, what does that mean?Is it that the conditions experienced aloft, on the way to that airport, once within the force range will be the airport surface conditions; or is it that once on final for the Runway that one predicts the FS2002 ATC will assign based on the surface winds according to the destination Metar, the destination Metar conditions will become prevalent.How does tha program interact with the FS 2002 ATC?Let me give an example: I was on final for 25R at KLAX, because I knew from the Metar that the surface wind was from 235. I asked for landing clearance from KLAX tower, only to be told to "fly right traffic for 7L"So I was wondering is this is just a fluke, or if there is a way, tip or trick to ensure that the FS 2002ATC is in synch with wxRE.Thanks in advance.

Hi,When using disable updates/winds during force, you need to ensure that update metar on new station is enabled so that the last update occurs...When forced, at your configurable force range, wxRE will lock the 'closest station' figure to your destination station. Wx will still continue to update (if you have not disabled updates during force) but only from your destination station. The purpose of this is to facilitate proper ATC runway instructions. If this isn't happening correctly, you may need to increase your force range or increase the smoothing rate of wind changes via FSUIPC.Hope that helps..-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies