Sign in to follow this  
Guest A321

Fed up with wind and weather addons

Guest A321

Sorry to sound harsh but...How comes we still have this massive problem with the planes being thrown around like a paper clip, and the wind erracticly going changing both speed and direction. Ive lost count of how many flights ive ruined because of this.Ive just lost yet again a flight after nearly 6 hours.I have tried all the workarounds have the latest FSUPIC and paied for it. I have Weather Centre 2 and AS, and still i lose flights.Why is it that using real world weather in FS2004 never does this??Do you guys need the SDK or something?Im sorry but im not using or spending anymore money to waste my time flying, to get blown away, Im sick to death of it, and Im very fustrated now. Does anybody know how this can be stopped, or is it just the way it is, if so Ill stick to FS weather, may not be as nice, but at least I get to my destination.Jason

Here is a quote from Damian:"The problem is that with FS2004's new localized station-based weather, as soon as you enter a new "closest airport" range you will immediately get the new closest airport wx, including winds aloft.What we are doing with AS2 is including a station-based wind smoothing option where, according to your flight plan, your "enroute" winds will prevail and other stations will only slightly vary from this, to keep the jumps minimal. When you near your destination station the winds will always force appropriately to the correct destination wind data.-Damian"Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support