Sign in to follow this  
Guest brad_s

Winds aloft seems to "stick" when landing

Guest brad_s

Greetings,I am a long time user of Active Sky and am having a problem with the winds aloft being forced when landing. Example:KPDX winds 21017G24KTWinds aloft at 21550 at FL290For some reason, on my recent trips from CVYR to KPDX (amongst others), the wind doesn't decrease and I still have winds aloft when approaching the runway.I'm using FS9, the newest FSUIPC (registered), Radar Contact (newest beta version) and the PMDG 737NG, and WXRE V1.91.I have tried this flight this morning with and without RC, although I haven't tried the flight with a default aircraft.Using FS2004 weather writes, forcing destination weather, disabling wx updates when forced and I think I'm set up correctly.Can anyone help??Thanks,Brad StreeterKKLSPS I have also had this problem on other flights as well.

Brad,Your settings look good. Can you try with a default plane please? Also, a post of your wxRE.ini file and I'll take a look at your settings.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest brad_s

Hi Jim,Here is a copy of the file you requested://wxRE configuration file - be careful with edits here[General]WXREOfflinePath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREExportPath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREOperationMode = OnlineDefaultOfflineFile = expcycle19Z.wxdDisableCloudTransitions = FalseDisableMessages = FalseLowBandwidthWinds = FalseExportMetars = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueMETARUpdateInterval = 15FDUpdateInterval = 45UpdateMETAROnNewStation = TrueUseShortTermTAF = FalseWindsAloftSimulation = FalseFS2004Writes = TrueIdlePriority = FalseVATSIMMetars = FalseDefaultForceRange = 60ZuluConversion = -7RainVisReduction = TrueOvercastHorizonVis = TrueDisableForceWindUpdates = FalseTAFProcessing = TrueWakeTurb = TrueDisableUpdatesWhenForced = TrueStartPaused = FalseCloudTransitionInterval = 30MinimumCloudThickness = 200UseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEProxyPort = 80I'll try this flight with the default 737 and report back.Thanks,Brad StreeterKKLS

Guest brad_s

Jim,No joy on the default 737-400 with Radar Contact. Here is my FSUIPC.ini file:[General]TCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...RudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoSmoothIAS=YesFixControlAccel=NoMagicBattery=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoWindSmoothing=YesWhiteMessages=NoGraduatedVisibility=YesLowerVisAltitude=6000UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=6000GenerateCirrus=NoWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=YesExtendMetarMaxVis=YesPatchSimApAlt=NoAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=YesWindSmoothness=3SmoothPressure=YesPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=6000MaximumVisibility=2000MaximumVisibilityOvercast=2000MaximumVisibilityRainy=1000OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoCloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=NoCloudIcing=NoWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoKeepFS98CloudCover=NoReversedElevatorTrim=NoShowPMcontrols=NoTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=YesSetVisUpperAlt=NoVisUpperAltLimit=6000SuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoFixWindows=NoWeatherReadInterval=4[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292MaxThrottleForReverser=0AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0I'm still seeing cruise winds coming in for a landing. Since this is a short flight, I'll try it with the default 737 and no Radar Contact.Thanks,Brad StreeterKKLS

Brad,Please try this:Make this line True: DisableForceWindUpdates = FalseMake this line False: DisableUpdatesWhenForced = TrueHope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest brad_s

Jim,I'll try that. Just finished a "no frills" flight, and got the same results. I will try it with what you suggested and get back to you.Thanks,Brad StreeterKKLS

Brad,I don't use the payware version of FSUIPC, but trying to remember from FS2002:Change:ExtendTopWind = NoAdjust:MaxSurfaceWind = to something other than zero.Might be time to post your wxRE status screen and a screen in FS showing your wind value.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest brad_s

Jim,I made the changes you suggested in the wxre.ini file and had another go at it. Seemed like it was going to work, although Winds aloft did change at lower altitudes, the airport winds did not show as they should have. I have not made any changes to FSUIPC but I will try that later. I have had a "week from Hell" at work, and am not flying too much this week. I'll keep you posted and get the files you want uploaded to the forum asap.Thanks, Brad StreeterKKLS

Brad,Take your time! Family and work are much more important than any of this. One thing to keep in mind: AS reports true winds direction while FS04 displays magnetic wind direction.JimActiveSky Support

Guest brad_s

Hi Jim,I have finally had the time to get back to the sim and am seeing the same problem with winds aloft not shifting when in lower altitudes. This certainly doesn't seem to be a problem only I am having. Are there issues petaining to FSUIPC that perhaps Damian can help with?I will be happy to post a screenshot, if you desire.Brtad StreeterKKLS

OK screen shots: AS main screen, status screen and a FS screen showing your winds data. I thing if it was a FSUIPC problem there would be more than 3or 4 users reporting problems!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest brad_s

Hi Jim,I'm having a problem developing the screenshot you need. Suggestions? The only program I can use is Paint.Thanks,Brad StreeterKKLS

OK 3 screen shots all done the same way.Get what you want a shot of, on the screen.Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard one time. This load the screen to your clipboard.Open Paint and paste in.Save file as a jpg file.Repeat for the other 2 screens.Come back to AVSIM and use the Click here to choose your attachements link and follow their directions. If you can't upload them here, then e-mail me. I prefer here because then other users can read and follow what we are doing.Edit: If this sounds too much, then download a utility called fsscreen. It makes this all much easier! You can find it here at AVSIM.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Brad,AS data all looks good. Now, what I suggest next is to look at your weather settings in FS04 and more importantly in FSUIPC. Does a clear of all weather in FS cause the winds to be correct?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support