Sign in to follow this  
Guest brad_s

Winds aloft seems to "stick" when landing

Guest brad_s

Hi Jim,When I clear weather in FS9, it definitely clears the weather, and I have to refresh the active sky weather. I have changed FSUIPC to default weather and am still getting the same results. Have I misunderstood what you want me to do???Regards,Brad

No, you did things right. Now I need your present wxRE.ini file. Something is still not right in your set-up! I hope you are testing with a default plane, no RC, and FS04 weather settings correct!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest brad_s

Jim,Doh!!! I will take a test flight with default everything and post the file. Do you want it after I clear all weather?Thanks,Brad

The wxRE.ini file does not change if you clear the weather. I hope the "doh" wasn't meant for me!! The word "correct" meant that your settings in FS04 are correct not as a question! Please be patient with me. I got a flu shot the other day and I think I'm coming down with the flu because of it. :-mad Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest brad_s

Hey Jim,No, the Doh! was for me for not sticking to default aircraft and no RC!! I've been flying the the PMDG737NG and Radar Contact!!No Worries!!I will Give a go with default plane and no RC, then post my wxre.ini file.Hope you get to feeling better,Brad

Guest brad_s

Jim,Here you go, default aircraft and no RC.Thanks,Brad//wxRE configuration file - be careful with edits here[General]WXREOfflinePath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREExportPath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREOperationMode = OnlineDefaultOfflineFile = expcycle19Z.wxdDisableCloudTransitions = FalseDisableMessages = FalseLowBandwidthWinds = FalseExportMetars = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueMETARUpdateInterval = 15FDUpdateInterval = 45UpdateMETAROnNewStation = TrueUseShortTermTAF = FalseWindsAloftSimulation = FalseFS2004Writes = TrueIdlePriority = FalseVATSIMMetars = FalseDefaultForceRange = 60ZuluConversion = -8RainVisReduction = TrueOvercastHorizonVis = TrueDisableForceWindUpdates = FalseTAFProcessing = TrueWakeTurb = TrueDisableUpdatesWhenForced = TrueStartPaused = FalseCloudTransitionInterval = 30MinimumCloudThickness = 200UseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEProxyPort = 80

Hi,Sorry to jump in here, I got exactly the same problem last week in FS02 - winds aloft at the surface. Couldn't force the wind back to normal no matter what I tried. I was using Project Mach 2 Concorde - try landing that beast in winds of 300/102!Using FSMeteo and FSUIPC 3.07 - seems like the common thread here might possibly be something in FSUIPC????Jonathan

Guest Himar777

Dear friends,I also have exactly the same problem. I use registered FSUIPC 3.11.Best regards

Brad,Please change these two lines:DisableForceWindUpdates(make it TRUE)DisableUpdatesWhenForced(Make it FALSE)Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Himar,I would love to help, but please start a new thread. This will help me from not going insane following everyone's threads!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest Himar777

Dear Jim,Thank you very much for your kind attention.I have used FSUIPC.ini included with ActiveSky wxRE 1.91 and IT SEEMS the problem has gone.I'll keep on flying and I will inform you (in a new thread as you request me) if that was not really the solution...Thank you again!!Best regards,