I keep getting some crazy weather with AS 1.9. I would like to verify if I'm doing something wrong. Do anybody know how to get Fltmax to use FS9 weather? So I can force radar returns to make adjustments. Thanks for any help.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Bill,Not sure here but here are some things to try:Update to wxRE 1.91.Use the payware version of FSUIPC.Export METARs to a certain folder and point FltMax to that folder.What kind of crazy weather are you getting?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

I have both latest versions of AS and FSUIPC. All I want to do is point Fltmax to FS9 weather so I can setup some base functions. Then I can switch back to AS.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Not sure where the .met file is in FS. I'm sure you have posted in the FlightMax Forum!! Gotta ask just for fun: How is this a wxRE problem?:-) :-) :-) :-) Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Well I was flying out of KBOS. It should of been downpour raining, which AS reported. But I was seeing partly cloudy or scattered with light rain. FltMax was showing red returns all around. I figured something is out of whack.Bill MPS I did find my anwser on the Fltmax forum

Bill McIntyre

Guest pagotan

Hi guys, If I understand the original question, and assuming the latest version of Activesky and FSUIPC are used, the only thing requested is to create a special folder call it "METAR cycles" for example and to point both activesky and FSFlightMax to this folder. This would give you the following entries in the respective config files:for ActiveSky:[General]WXREOfflinePath = H:Program FilesMetar CyclesExportPath = H:Program FilesMETAR Cyclesfor FSFlightMax:[ActiveSky]ActiveSkyActive=1ActiveSkyDirectory=H:Program FilesMETAR CyclesI am sure you will have noticed the "" back slash at the end of the last line in the FSFlightMax config.Last but not least do not forget to cancel all weather in MSFS before starting ActiveSky and FSFlightMaxMichael

No,He wanted to set up FltMax and FS9 only.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest pagotan

Can't figure out what was misleading in my message. I was talking about FSFlightMax and FS9 when I tried to help. Did I do anything wrong or am I missing something here?Michael

Why, in your reply, did you talk about AS when he wanted to use FltMax and FS9 weather?JimActiveSky Support

Guest pagotan

Hi Jim,OK my mistake sorry! Maybe I got confused by the first post when AS was mentioned and then the first reply which suggested to upgrade to the latest AS. Anyway the subject of FSFlightMax with FS9 weather has been discussed at length in the FSFlightMax forum. This link will propose a solution which works:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=1177&mode=fullMichael

Thanks much for the link and your continued help!JimActiveSky Support

Guest pagotan

You are welcome. It is always nice to be of help if I can.Michael