Sign in to follow this  
Emile

Rapidly changing weather conditions in FS9

Since a few days when flying the weather changes very rapidily (in a few minutes, several time). Clouds appear, they disappear, they appear again, they disapper, they are back again in a few minutes time .And each time the aircraft is moving from left to right = big turbulences. I can also observe in the FSNav window that the weather information is changing a lot with big jumps in wind speed.See the several screen shot taken during the same flight , maximum 1 minute between each screen shotAny recommendation?Thanks in advanceI run XP Pro SP1, AS 1.191 + fsuipc last version 11

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest Scandinavian

HiI second that problem.My major concern is winds update now have start to killing me as pilot, wind changes to so abrubt so i once i a while hit stall spd.Running FS2004, WXre 1.91, registered version of fsuipc, winds change are set to slow without any difference.Any way around this problem which make FS2004 non flyable.

hey,same problems here, activesky wxre 1.91, registered version of fsuipc 3.11 and the ac jumps from left to right. I

Guest Kevin P

Ditto.I have the same thing with all add-on weather programs, including the seven lettered one mentioned above that actually sets the local weather in fs9. It seems to be more pronounced than FS2k2, so I am assuming it is some interaction with the new weather engine.The only truly stable one seems to be the inbuilt one. The only drawback is it can only download the weather at the time you are on-line. Not very useful if at 9am in the UK, I want to try a flight in early evening on the East Coast of the US!Anyone got any thoughts?Kevin.

Guest Scandinavian

HiAs i see it it's a FS9 problem, i've tried with build-in online weather, the a/c is kicked aorund like a paper plane.Dampening the wind in fsuipc doesn't change a thing.Microsoft, you called this a flightsimulator, then start develop thing with aerodynamic instead of deskdynamic.

Hi All,Damian is aware of these winds transition swings and has answered somewhere. I looked for the thread but couldn't find it to quote him exactly! So I'll summarize: The wind shifts are caused from leaving one station and entering the next. Right now there is no way to smooth the transition even with FSUIPC. It is however a feature he is working on for Active Sky 2. Many of the cloud transitions are quick because AS is working still as a global weather program and FS04 is working as a local weather program. A lowering of your "Cloud Transition Interval" to 5 may help a bit.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

> A lowering of your "Cloud>Transition Interval" to 5 may help a bit.Hi Jim,Already done but without success.I'll wait for AS2 ...hope it's not too long.Have a nice day

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

I hate when that happens. I tell you lately I have just been using the builtin weather and been having more fun flying with that. I am FSUIPC registered and 1.9 AS. I picked up AS 1.9 this weekend. Im sure the 2.0 version will be great but I am not impressed with 1.9 right now. Sorry.

Personally, I have parked ActiveSky WxRE until AS2 is released to fix this very issue. I find that the best weather at the moment for FS9 is, dare I say it, the embedded real weather engine with 15 minute updates. At least weather is localised and transitions occur at a "WxRE in FS2K2" rate. It even works OK with VATSIM and is at least close enuf to what the controllers are advising you.I really hope that AS2 fixes this, and at a reasonable upgrade price for us loyal WxRE users.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Hi,same here, abrupt wind transitions, cloud cover changes to clear sky when METAR shows otherwise, etc., etc., I won't repeat everything. In both wxRE and Weather Center. I am not looking for immediate solution since there is none. I won't change my FSUIPC to some earlier version, because I paid for the latest version, etc., etc.My question is, wasn't the I-field method developed by Keith Kile supposed to deal with these problems - or prevent them to happen in the first place since it was developed before FS2004? I know that Keith was able to provide GRADUAL transitions from station to station even in FS2002, so why would this be different in FS2004? Ok, when the new weather station data kick in, it should be only slightly different to the previous station according to the algorithm, yes? Unfortunately, it is not so. Try flying from LJLJ via LOWK to LOWS or there about. When leaving the LJLJ station (5/8 Cu at 4000'), the weather changes to CLEAR and after 10-20 minutes it changes to the actual weather which METAR is showing for LOWK (2/8 Cu and 4/8 Cu). With all those sweet abrupt wind changes inbetween. Weather updates in WC are much too slow, they make flying with real weather a nightmare. The radar and METAR show lots of weather while the FS needs anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes to populate the world with what WC is trying to feed it. After it had cleared all weather in mid-flight, of course. Will both, wxRE and Weather Center get the facelift? It was stated before, that wxRE 2.0 will incorporate the best of both worlds. Ok, but where do we stand with WC? I posted this here since this forum gets more exposure then the WC one and since WC was acquired by HiFi simulations I guess you guys won't mind. :)Thanks!Regards,Jurehttp://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg