Sign in to follow this  
Guest VCA_CEO

Winds, visability...arghhhhhhhh ;-)

Guest VCA_CEO

OK, I see some similar posts (I think), but here's my gripes on an otherwise fantastic program.General Issues (2002 and 2004). Go below 6000 feet and visibility drops to 5 miles max everywhere! FSUIPC is not set to limit visibility either.2004 specific issue: Along with above, weather seems to shift like crazy, esp. the winds when landing and they blow like crazy, usually from the side making landing impossible...Other than that, I still like the program, but don't fly 2004 too much because of this wind issue.Thanks!Lance

Lance,These things should not be happening. Please post your wxRE.ini file and FSUIPC.ini file. Also tell use what versions of each you are using.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest VCA_CEO

Thanks Jim, interestingly enough after looking at my FSUIPC.ini file i see the mysterious 6000 foot vis deal??? very strange as I specifically unchecked "set vis limits" Anyway here's the FSUIPC.ini file:[General]GenerateRain=NoGenerateCirrus=NoWindShearSharp=YesAutoTaxiWind=NoUpperWindGusts=NoStormsAutomatic=NoGraduatedVisibility=YesLowerVisAltitude=6000UpperVisAltitude=25000ExtendMetarMaxVis=YesPatchWeatherToADV=YesPlanLoadNoPosition=NoPatchSimApAlt=YesAutoClearWeather=YesApplyVisFix=NoWindTransitions=YesExtendTopWind=YesWindSmoothness=1CopyDewPtToDayNightVar=YesSmoothPressure=YesPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindVarFactor=7WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindSetVariance=NoSubterraneanWindFix=YesMagWindsToFST=NoWindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=6000MaximumVisibility=2000MaximumVisibilityOvercast=2000MaximumVisibilityRainy=1000UpperVisibility=6000OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoStormProbability=0StormMinTemp=10StormParameters=1030530CloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=YesCloudIcing=YesCloudForJetTrails=NoCloudForVSky=NoWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoMagicBattery=YesAxisCalibration=NoTCASid=FlightTCASrange=40SendWeatherAlways=NoSendWeatherInterval=60RainStopper=75RainStarter=75KeepFS98CloudCover=NoRudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoShowPMcontrols=NoAdjustWeatherATIS=NoCloudTurbulenceToWinds=NoFixRainProblem=YesTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=YesSmoothIAS=NoMinVSkyAltitude=40000TrafficScanPerFrame=10SuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=NoMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0****************************************************and wxre.ini://wxRE configuration file - be careful with edits here[General]WXREOfflinePath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREExportPath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREOperationMode = OnlineDefaultOfflineFile = defcycle02Z.wxdDisableCloudTransitions = FalseDisableMessages = TrueLowBandwidthWinds = FalseExportMetars = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueMETARUpdateInterval = 15FDUpdateInterval = 45UpdateMETAROnNewStation = TrueUseShortTermTAF = FalseWindsAloftSimulation = TrueFS2004Writes = FalseIdlePriority = FalseVATSIMMetars = TrueDefaultForceRange = 60ZuluConversion = -4RainVisReduction = TrueOvercastHorizonVis = FalseDisableForceWindUpdates = FalseTAFProcessing = FalseWakeTurb = TrueDisableUpdatesWhenForced = FalseStartPaused = FalseCloudTransitionInterval = 30MinimumCloudThickness = 200UseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEProxyPort = 80Thanks for your help! Oh, I wonder if I have to different FSUIPC versions running? I might have an older one in 2002 and the new one that I registered in 2004... Would that cause issues?Thanks!Lance

Hi Jim,Can you control mine?//wxRE configuration file - be careful with edits here[General]WXREOfflinePath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREExportPath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREOperationMode = OnlineDefaultOfflineFile = cycle17Z.wxdDisableCloudTransitions = FalseDisableMessages = TrueLowBandwidthWinds = FalseExportMetars = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueMETARUpdateInterval = 10FDUpdateInterval = 45UpdateMETAROnNewStation = TrueUsePreviousTAF = FalseWindsAloftSimulation = TrueIdlePriority = TrueVATSIMMetars = TrueDefaultForceRange = 100ZuluConversion = 2RainVisReduction = TrueOvercastHorizonVis = TrueDisableForceWindUpdates = TrueTAFProcessing = TrueWakeTurb = TrueDisableUpdatesWhenForced = FalseStartPaused = TrueCloudTransitionInterval = 5MinimumCloudThickness = 100UseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = TrueProxyAddress = NONEProxyPort = NONEFSUIPC[General]History=2GZ1EJN5PZVY9BS4AJBVMTCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...WindSmoothing=YesWhiteMessages=NoGraduatedVisibility=YesLowerVisAltitude=6000UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=6000GenerateCirrus=YesWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=NoExtendMetarMaxVis=YesPatchSimApAlt=YesAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=YesWindSmoothness=5SmoothPressure=NoPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=6000MaximumVisibility=2000MaximumVisibilityOvercast=2000MaximumVisibilityRainy=1000OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=YesThinThunderClouds=YesCloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=NoCloudIcing=NoWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoMagicBattery=NoKeepFS98CloudCover=NoRudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoReversedElevatorTrim=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoShowPMcontrols=NoTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=NoSmoothIAS=YesSetVisUpperAlt=NoVisUpperAltLimit=6000SuppressCloudTurbulence=YesSuppressWindTurbulence=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=NoWeatherReadInterval=5[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292MaxThrottleForReverser=0AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0[buttons]0=H0,6,K113,81=U0,6,K191,8[Programs]runif1=HIDE,READY,CLOSE,C:FS2004 Downloaded filesActiveSky 1.191wxRE.exerunif2=HIDE,READY,CLOSE,C:FS2004 Downloaded filesReal TimeFSRealTime.exe

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Lance,Here are the changes you need to make in AS when using FS2004:DisableCloudTransitions = TrueFS2004Writes = TrueVATSIMMetars = FalseDisableForceWindUpdates = TrueHope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Emile,Your AS version is not even for FS04. What version of AS are you using and what version of FS are you using? I can tell because some of the new options for FS04 are not in your wxRE.ini file!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi Jim,See"runif1=HIDE,READY,CLOSE,C:FS2004 Downloaded filesActiveSky 1.191wxRE.exe" as you can see in the "Run Options" of FSUIPC I run ActiveSky 1.191 on FS9.Why do you think I do not run the last AS version? on FS9? Any recommendation?Thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

What version shows up on the start-up screen? On the Options page do you have an option called "Use FS2004 Writes"?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest VCA_CEO

Hey Jim thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try tonight at home ;-)Lance

Hello Jim,On the start-up screen I read Version 1.9, on the initial screen (see attached screen shot) at the right bottom I see V1.90.01b and I do not have a "use FS2004 Writes" option.Am I running and old version?

I did reinstall AS 1.91 from Hifi , during the setup it never did request if I use FS9, I did try the modify feature, afterwards the repair feature....but did never see the ""use FS2004 Writes" option" in the menu.FYI I have still FS2002 installed and the first AS installations were on FS2002 .....

Guest VCA_CEO

OK Jim used your suggested changes and the only thing that happened was my wind decreased. Made it easier for landing, but my winds a loft should have been a little stronger ;-) Visability? well ;-) Take a look below: I was flying with a friend who was using FS Meteo and he could see for miles.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/45053.jpg

Emile,Thanks for the screen shot, but next time please keep it larger. I couldn't read any text!! But for now that's OK because you told me what I needed to know!! No, you are not running the latest version, everything should read V1.91. Active Sky does not detect your version of FS when you install it or update it. All you need to do is keep everything in the same directory. For you I am going to suggest a clean re-install. Un-install all versions of AS and start from scratch. If you have any questions about this, please ask! Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Lance,Thanks for the shots. Yep, that vis. is wrong, but I can't tell why. I think its something in FSUIPC but I'm honestly not sure because I use the free version in FS04 for now. Things to try:Reset FSUIPC to normal defaults.Double check your weather settings in FS04.Post the status screen from AS.Have the flight data in FS on the screen.We will get you up and running correctly!!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi Jim,To do a clean install I need the base one (the 1.1 Full version) , where can I find it? Because I did not keep a copy of it. What I can do is (using the add/remove feature of Win XP) to remove all loaded versions from 1.6,1.7,1.8 (several updates 1.8 to 1.87) , 1.90, 1.91 and just leave the 1.1 Full version and afterwards install the last one. Seams OK?Thanks in advanceSorry for the size of the screen shot.