Sign in to follow this  

Well I'm working to tweak AS. I Just purchased it this weekend and am running the latest registered version of FSUIPC. The weather is acting off to say the least. I would like to start by looking over the below configuration. I have gone through the documentation but a second look from a different set of eyes couldnt hurt as I learn this new app. I'm running FS9 on a P4 3ghz, 1GB RAM, 9800 pro 128MB.Here it is...//wxRE configuration file - be careful with edits here[General]WXREOfflinePath = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ActiveSkyExportPath = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ActiveSkyOperationMode = OnlineDefaultOfflineFile = defcycle02Z.wxdDisableCloudTransitions = TrueDisableMessages = FalseLowBandwidthWinds = FalseExportMetars = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueMETARUpdateInterval = 15FDUpdateInterval = 45UpdateMETAROnNewStation = TrueUseShortTermTAF = FalseWindsAloftSimulation = TrueFS2004Writes = TrueIdlePriority = FalseVATSIMMetars = FalseDefaultForceRange = 80ZuluConversion = -5RainVisReduction = FalseOvercastHorizonVis = FalseDisableForceWindUpdates = TrueTAFProcessing = TrueWakeTurb = TrueDisableUpdatesWhenForced = FalseStartPaused = FalseCloudTransitionInterval = 5MinimumCloudThickness = 200UseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEProxyPort = 80[General]GenerateCirrus=NoWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=NoGraduatedVisibility=YesLowerVisAltitude=6000UpperVisAltitude=25000ExtendMetarMaxVis=YesPatchSimApAlt=YesAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=YesWindSmoothness=1SmoothPressure=YesPressureSmoothness=10SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=6000MaximumVisibility=2000MaximumVisibilityOvercast=2000MaximumVisibilityRainy=1000UpperVisibility=6000OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoCloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=YesCloudIcing=YesWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoMagicBattery=YesAxisCalibration=NoTCASid=FlightTCASrange=40KeepFS98CloudCover=NoRudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoShowPMcontrols=NoTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=YesSmoothIAS=NoTrafficScanPerFrame=10SuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=NoMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...History=KU3CYY1J3DZ6BOOQD3WGCWindSmoothing=YesWhiteMessages=NoReversedElevatorTrim=NoSetVisUpperAlt=YesVisUpperAltLimit=6000CentredDialogue=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoWeatherReadInterval=4[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0MaxThrottleForReverser=0

Welcome to Active Sky! I did take the time to read your other posts. I looked over your wxRE settings and all look great. Your FSUIPC settings also look fine. Things to keep in mind:AS 1.9 was never designed to work perfectly with FS04. It is a bridge version that Damian did the best he could with, before and after the release of FS04. All users will experience visability and wind shift changes. Why? because AS is a global weather machine and FS04 is a local weather machine. For now it was the best we could do.Please post other questions as you experience out product!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support