Sign in to follow this  
Guest VCA_CEO

Update on my last Post Re: Winds, visability, etc...

Guest VCA_CEO

Hey Jim, flew 2004 last night, SNA to PDX. Weather at PDX reported as OVC070 and OVC050. I had puffy cumulus 1/10 coverage, LOL... This is after your suggested changes.Now it appears Activesky weather is not being imported at all or barely at all into 2004???? Winds a loft are not as they should be. This is arggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;-)I'm going to get the latest fsuipc tonight and try it, but things are just getting worse it seems...Thanks,Lance

Well, now you really lost me. What latest changes did you make? Weather is not being imported at all or barely? Winds? What should they be and what showed up? If things are getting worse then let's back up one step at a time and see if we can get things right!!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Thanks,

Jim

000219_195_jimskorna.png

http://www.air-source.us/

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Guest VCA_CEO

Thanks for your patience and help Jim... I'm not sure, but everyone that flew with me at 50 knot winds in roughly the same direction. My winds aloft never broke 10 knots. Then with IMC conditions reported at PDX, i had beautiful clear clouds.After that, I downloaded the latest FSUIPC and things appeared to be better, but I still get that bizarre wind shift/shear when landing. Now it's only sporadic where it used to be almost a certainty, but I still can count on winds aloft sticking or my ground winds to be completly out of control ;-)

Another user found that using the supplied FSUIPC.ini file that comes with wxRE worked to solve his weather problems. It may be worth a try for you too. Back up yours before you overwrite it.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Thanks,

Jim

000219_195_jimskorna.png

http://www.air-source.us/

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Guest VCA_CEO

Excellent Idea ;-) Will try that. I'll let you know how it goes.Thanks,Lance